Isringhausen...will he rebound? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Isringhausen...will he rebound?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Isringhausen...will he rebound?

Postby muetze » Fri May 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Is there an injury concern or just a bad stretch for Izzy? He had a bad Sept and now an equally bad April. Will he rebound and post respectable #'s?
Muetze
muetze
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Isringhausen...will he rebound?

Postby bclay » Fri May 09, 2008 10:58 pm

not tonight, he won't. Just picked up his 4th loss of the year. He either needs to go on the DL, or just retire. Something is not right.
bclay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zevon » Sat May 10, 2008 12:39 am

If he rebounds, it won't be on my team...
He's killed me in two leagues, I'm done with him.
For now. :-b
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zevon » Sat May 10, 2008 11:50 am

Not exactly the confidence level you'd prefer your closer to exude...

Yahoo Player Note:

"May 10 RHP Jason Isringhausen, after blowing his fifth save in 16 tries and suffering his fourth loss, said it was time for manager Tony La Russa, pitching coach Dave Duncan and general manager John Mozeliak to consider finding another closer "until I can get on track. "I'm just sick of embarrassing myself and letting my team down," Isringhausen said after allowing four straight hitters to reach base in the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs. After Isringhausen got the first two men on two pitches -- center fielder Rick Ankiel had to run a distance and then make a jumping catch on Milwaukee third baseman Bill Hall -- Isringhausen allowed singles to shortstop J.J. Hardy and pinch hitter Gabe Kapler, walked catcher Jason Kendall and allowed a two-run game-ending single by second baseman Rickie Weeks. "They can't keep sending me out there the way I've pitched," Isringhausen said. "Get somebody in there who can do a better job." Isringhausen's meltdown this season is reminiscent of 2006 when he blew 10 saves but labored much of the season with a bad hip which required surgery. "In '06, I had an explanation but never told anybody," he said. "Now I have no explanation but I'm pitching like a second grader."

Ouch.
Maybe they could bring Ankiel in to close, have him throw from the edge of the grass behind 2B, a la Eddie Feigner of King and His Court fame. :-b
Seriously, Ankiel seems to have a deadly accurate arm from anywhere other than the mound - see his two putouts the other day??
Man with a gun, call 911.
Sorry for the lame Stuart Scott ref...
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lowelltr » Sat May 10, 2008 1:12 pm

I hate to just cut him.....I'm going to try and get something for him from someone else via trade.
In the meantime, though....he's on the bench
lowelltr
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Oatsdad » Sat May 10, 2008 7:40 pm

After Izzy's hot start to the year, I tried to get him in the league where I needed closers - even offered Corpas and Hoffman to him just for Izzy. Granted, that trade wouldn't have been a catastrophe since Corpas is no longer a closer and Hoffman's been iffy, but I'd still rather have Hoffman than Izzy right now!

The Izzy owner offered me Izzy for Carmona about a week ago - he's clearly desperate now himself, though that was a crazy offer. Carmona's no stud, but he's a reliable SP, not a closer on the skids...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zevon » Sun May 11, 2008 1:23 am

lowelltr wrote:I hate to just cut him.....I'm going to try and get something for him from someone else via trade.
In the meantime, though....he's on the bench

He's unusable and isn't gonna close for awhile, can't imagine getting anything of value for him. I cut him in 2 leagues.
I have a similar unusable issue with Verlander, as you know... The difference is that Izzy might just have hit the age wall at 36 and Verlander's only 25. I can't quit him. :-b

St Loo is one up on the Cubs, they should be at least 5 up...
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beagle » Thu May 15, 2008 8:41 pm

He sure pitcched well tonight....

How long until he just throws in the towel? I have him and Franklin on my team, and unfortunately they were both slated as starters today UGH! I need to cut him loose it seems.
beagle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Morel Orel » Fri May 16, 2008 9:24 am

Feel free to cut him or put him in your DL spot, it's official.
My sweet sigs got the boot...
Morel Orel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby petert » Fri May 16, 2008 9:58 am

who is in line to replace him?
petert
College Coach
College Coach