Hong-Chih Kuo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hong-Chih Kuo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hong-Chih Kuo

Postby Philliebuster » Thu May 08, 2008 10:38 pm

He's got 33 K in 24 innings. 17K in his last 9 innings. Torre says he's going with Park in the rotation, and likes Kuo in the pen. I'd jump on Kuo if I knew he was going to start. Anyone see it happening in the future?
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hong-Chih Kuo

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:47 pm

I actually see his value being in the bullpen. He has fantastic stuff and always had but he's had, I think, 2 TJ surgeries. He just does not have the durability to start many games.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu May 08, 2008 10:49 pm

yeah ive started to notice him as well. i doubt park lasts long, so then torre will be forced to go with kuo or call up kershaw.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dbstrat » Thu May 08, 2008 11:30 pm

I've had him on my roster for a while now and he is doing wonders for my K's and picking up where some of my woeful starters have dropped the ball.

I like him as a reliever and hope he starts picking me up holds and maybe even vulturing a few saves down the line.
dbstrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri May 09, 2008 12:50 am

Havok1517 wrote:I actually see his value being in the bullpen. He has fantastic stuff and always had but he's had, I think, 2 TJ surgeries. He just does not have the durability to start many games.

Kuo usually loses his command at times when he does start and at times, he looks hittable to the point he'll be cute with his location. So, I think working an inning or two as a long reliever works best for him. Torre likes having Park and Kuo as long relievers especially given that the first month or so this year, the starters have had some trouble going longer into games. They're also somewhat valuable there if the Dodgers are deep into the late innings with the game out of hand in either direction. That way, he doesn't have to get needless innings from Broxton or Saito.

With Loaiza on the DL, I still think Joe will have either Park or Kuo holding the fort as a #5 starter. Seems like the move for Loaiza to the DL is more precautionary than anything and so, I don't anticipate a mad rush to bring up Kershaw.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri May 09, 2008 2:42 am

Havok1517 wrote:I actually see his value being in the bullpen. He has fantastic stuff and always had but he's had, I think, 2 TJ surgeries. He just does not have the durability to start many games.

Agreed. His worst performance so far was when he was flip-flopped with Loaiza and took the No. 5 starter gig. If he keeps putting up those K's and ratios in long relief (with SP/RP eligibility), I'm down with that.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers