tubby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

tubby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

tubby

Postby yaboygino » Thu May 08, 2008 9:34 pm

Will ryan howard ever break out of this slump holy [mod edit: keep it clean]...whats the best he could possibly hit now for the year 240?? wowow so bad
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 298
Joined: 28 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby Guzman24 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Just bought real low on him.

Managed to score Utley in the deal as well. ;-D

Im really hoping that the worst is over.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby damnitman » Thu May 08, 2008 10:08 pm

Thats a joke that u still have reyes,webb,berkman, and lee on your team in getting utley and howard haha
damnitman
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 304
Joined: 4 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby Guzman24 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:34 pm

damnitman wrote:Thats a joke that u still have reyes,webb,berkman, and lee on your team in getting utley and howard haha



Yes and its a pretty competitive league too. Many of the managers where up in arms about the deal I made:

Phillips/Volquez/Loney for Utley/Howard

Sell high buy low. A good rule to live by. Although I guess I only sold high on Volquez and bought low on Howard so I can't really classify the whole deal that way.

Back to Howard though, he always starts terribly, I think as soon as the temperatures start heating up Howard will start his usual mash fest.

He'll finish with 40+ HR's and 120+ RBI's easy.
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Thu May 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Guzman24 wrote:Yes and its a pretty competitive league too. Many of the managers where up in arms about the deal I made:
Phillips/Volquez/Loney for Utley/Howard


No offense, but it can't be a competitive league if you only had to give up Volquez to upgrade from Phillips to Utley and then Loney to Howard.

Back to the topic at hand: Howard will be fine...he STUNK last April and May and still finished with solid numbers.
Image
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1995
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 9 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In mancave playing CodMW2

Re: tubby

Postby Guzman24 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:22 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:
Guzman24 wrote:Yes and its a pretty competitive league too. Many of the managers where up in arms about the deal I made:
Phillips/Volquez/Loney for Utley/Howard


No offense, but it can't be a competitive league if you only had to give up Volquez to upgrade from Phillips to Utley and then Loney to Howard.

Back to the topic at hand: Howard will be fine...he STUNK last April and May and still finished with solid numbers.


Its actually a very competitive league thats been running with all the same owners for the last 4 years. One sided moves happen no matter how competitive the league.

Believe me, no one in the league was happy other than myself and apparently the other manager but we don't veto unless there's obvious collusion.

In this case, the manager I dealt with I didn't know personally so there was nothing suspect about the deal.

I noticed he had pitching problems with Lackey on the DL and Gallardo gone for the year. He also had Howard riding the pine for 2 weeks straight and DLee at 1B. Saw the opportunity so I went for it.....and it worked ;-D
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5304
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 5 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby mtxdevil » Fri May 09, 2008 12:00 am

Wow you totally destroyed the other guy in the deal... Unfair
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1095
Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby Montana » Fri May 09, 2008 12:14 am

I think what "BALCO All-Stars" meant.......was that in a "competitive" league, you have 12 managers who know what they're doing.

That manager, obviously does not.


I tend to agree......i've never seen a deal that absurd in any of my "competitive" leagues.
Image
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 1284
Joined: 21 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby mtxdevil » Fri May 09, 2008 12:29 am

Anyway, back on topic. I'm benching Howard tomorrow for Mr. Votto. I can't stand Ryan right now. :-t
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1095
Joined: 8 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: tubby

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:30 am

Montana wrote:I think what "BALCO All-Stars" meant.......was that in a "competitive" league, you have 12 managers who know what they're doing.

That manager, obviously does not.


I tend to agree......i've never seen a deal that absurd in any of my "competitive" leagues.


I agree as well ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact