Kershaw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kershaw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kershaw

Postby felixthecat011 » Wed May 14, 2008 8:59 am

Looks like he's not... at least not yet. His rough outing in his last start apparently cost him the call up.

Dodgers won't need a 5th starter until May 27th, so maybe we'll see him then.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wrangor » Wed May 14, 2008 10:22 am

Doubtful we will see him at the end of the month, as that is when they are certain to be most cautious about his 25 inning monthly limit, and may have to have him work out of the bullpen. Looks like it will be June at the earliest...dangit :~(
Wrangor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ursa » Wed May 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Wrangor wrote:Doubtful we will see him at the end of the month, as that is when they are certain to be most cautious about his 25 inning monthly limit, and may have to have him work out of the bullpen. Looks like it will be June at the earliest...dangit :~(

At least the Dodgers are thinking long term by preserving him. Contrast with what Dusty the Loony is doing with Volquez. Us Volquez owners have zero chance of seeing him when it's playoff time, he'll be shut down or on the DL by then. :-S
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby candyman » Wed May 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Man... I picked him up hoping it was time... Now I gotta hold him or somebody else will, I don't think the rest of my league was really aware of him til I picked him up :~( :~( ...

Man, Danks is out there too, I coulda used Danks til Kershaw came up :-t
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby felixthecat011 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:58 pm

candyman wrote:Man... I picked him up hoping it was time... Now I gotta hold him or somebody else will, I don't think the rest of my league was really aware of him til I picked him up :~( :~( ...

Same here... I actually cut him today for Jay Bruce. Trading one prospect for another... but now he;s on people's radar. What can you do...
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed May 14, 2008 3:07 pm

candyman wrote:Man... I picked him up hoping it was time... Now I gotta hold him or somebody else will, I don't think the rest of my league was really aware of him til I picked him up :~( :~( ...

Unless it's keeper, get Danks. He'll do more for you than Kershaw will. It's his rookie year, he can only have so much impact this year.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mgblues » Thu May 15, 2008 9:50 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:

Unless it's keeper, get Danks. He'll do more for you than Kershaw will. It's his rookie year, he can only have so much impact this year.

Not bad advice... remember that it's Joe Torre deciding how to use Kershaw. His recent history of dealing with other young arms with significant talent suggests somewhat limited value for Kershaw unless and until he is pronounced a starter ala Joba Chamberlain.

Danks has been very solid & could contribute immediately.

I will preface my remarks by admitting wholeheartedly that I am a huge Kershaw believer and wish I could use him now. He would instantly improve my staff. However, I have been careful about timing because of the Torre factor.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby candyman » Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 am

mgblues wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:

Not bad advice... remember that it's Joe Torre deciding how to use Kershaw. His recent history of dealing with other young arms with significant talent suggests somewhat limited value for Kershaw unless and until he is pronounced a starter ala Joba Chamberlain.

Danks has been very solid & could contribute immediately.

I will preface my remarks by admitting wholeheartedly that I am a huge Kershaw believer and wish I could use him now. He would instantly improve my staff. However, I have been careful about timing because of the Torre factor.

Yeah... I definitely jumped the gun, especially because I don't think the other members of my league knew about him really...

But I got nervous because there's one guy that jumped the gun on Bruce, and he also grabbed Scherzer... So I thought he'd scoop up Kershaw too...

Danks got picked up before I got a chance to grab him... but I debated between him and Kershaw initially :-P
Last edited by candyman on Thu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
candyman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Sunspot » Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Looks like they are going with Chan Ho Ho Park, he'll get his shot sooner or later.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hwiggen » Thu May 15, 2008 9:38 pm

I gambled and lost big time this week: benched Sherrill (the O's only play five games this week) to start Kershaw. Kershaw doesn't get the call and Sherrill has two saves in two games.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates