Kershaw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Kershaw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Kershaw

Postby Wrangor » Sun May 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Lincecum was added preseason though, based on the fact that they thought he would break camp with the team. That is not a new precedent. Longoria, Kendrick, Lincecum, Bruce, Rasmus, etc.... If there is a good chance that the player will break camp with the major league club, Yahoo usually adds them during their preseason transactions.
Wrangor
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby felixthecat011 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:47 am

From what I understand, it's a little odd that they moved Kershaw to the bullpen, but it could preclude him being called up for Saturday. He's on an innings limit, and has a scheduled start today, so if he misses it, odds are we'll see him with the Dodgers on the 17th.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby felixthecat011 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 am

Wrangor wrote:I think that Yahoo's system makes a lot of sense to be honest. They don't add the player until they are called up or are on the MLB roster. Last year's additions of Braun and Gallardo were the exception, and they screwed everyone up.

ESPN does that, but only in certain cases. I'm not sure what criteria they use, but guys like Kershaw and Bruce this year were placed in the player pool early in the season.
felixthecat011
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Montana168 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:59 am

yahoo does not use any criteria...they add people when they just feel like it. just when people think they have figured out the criteria there is an exception. regarding wranger's comments...the exception is cueto. he was added the day before his start. he was slated to be the 5th starter towards the end of training camp. cueto was even listed on the depth chart but they added him the day BEFORE he started. yahoo! does not use any criteria to add young guys...even if you think you know the criteria, there is an exception that you didn't think of.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby theplayer11 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:02 pm

News: The L.A. Daily News reports that the Dodgers might call on highly touted pitching prospect Clayton Kershaw to start Saturday against the Angels, which is the next time the fifth starter spot is needed. Kershaw has a 1.08 ERA in six starts at Double-A Jacksonville -- and he's starting Monday night, which puts him directly on schedule for a Saturday start. "I don't think there is any question that he is on our radar screen," manager Joe Torre said of the 20-year-old. "Now it's just a matter of making sure you don't make a move too soon."
Analysis: The Dodgers are also considering Chan Ho Park and Hong-Chih Kuo for that start.
theplayer11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stevethumb » Mon May 12, 2008 11:12 pm

felixthecat011 wrote:From what I understand, it's a little odd that they moved Kershaw to the bullpen, but it could preclude him being called up for Saturday. He's on an innings limit, and has a scheduled start today, so if he misses it, odds are we'll see him with the Dodgers on the 17th.

meloan got the start for las vegas tonite (monday)..
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby mrfantasybaseball » Mon May 12, 2008 11:27 pm

He didn't pitch for Vegas. He Started for Jacksonville.

Jacksonville
Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Kershaw 3.1 5 5 5 0 3 0 2.21

First bad outing of the year. It's too early. They should wait until after the all star break to keep him fresh for the playoff push.
mrfantasybaseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TonyCee » Mon May 12, 2008 11:35 pm

No walks is a good sign :-)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RyanP421 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:27 pm

Wrangor wrote:I think that Yahoo's system makes a lot of sense to be honest. They don't add the player until they are called up or are on the MLB roster. Last year's additions of Braun and Gallardo were the exception, and they screwed everyone up.

Actually, Yahoo's system makes NO SENSE.

It's not true that they wait until a player is called up or on the roster....Bruce and Rasmus are both in the Yahoo FA pool but neither have been called up, and neither are on the 40 man roster.....

Yahoo's system makes little sense, if any.
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mgblues » Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 pm

Just wanted to give you guys the heads up as I've been checking everywhere I can to find out when Kershaw is getting the call...

The Dodgers have reportedly decided against calling up Clayton Kershaw to make his major league debut on Saturday.
Fantasy spin: Either Chan Ho Park or Hong-Chih Kuo will get the nod when the Dodgers need a fifth starter this weekend.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates