Is it time to add Juan Pierre? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is it time to add Juan Pierre?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is it time to add Juan Pierre?

Postby zirco33 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:38 am

Juan Pierre is available in my league. He seems to be heating back up as well as starting on a regular basis. Anyone have any thoughts or an inside track on him?

Mike Lowell is also available and being from Boston I've had a chance to see him play the last few games. He looks good and I imagine he will get back to form. Probably not the same numbers as last year but I imagine he will be a very useful fantasy player from here on out.
zirco33
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is it time to add Juan Pierre?

Postby The Cow » Thu May 08, 2008 1:04 pm

I picked him up yesterday, man the guy did steal 64 bags last year. Pick him up. However his playing time is bound to be sporadic until the Dodgers sit Andruw Jones down. I just traded Pierre today for Yunel Escobar, I needed depth at SS and 3B. I figure I just picked up Pierre, so why not? I have plenty of speed. Pierre should be picked up he will at least be a good short term speed fix. Who knows he could go .300 with 60 steals.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sazaar » Fri May 09, 2008 4:49 pm

I can easily see Pierre starting 120 games, hitting .300, and stealing 40 bases. If you have the luxury of keeping him on your bench and starting him when he is playing (and especially hitting second btwn Furcal & Kemp), I would definitely add him. I did.
sazaar
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby RJ24VC15 » Fri May 09, 2008 6:44 pm

He's not available in my league, but I can't set my lineups late enough to see who is playing anyway.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Fri May 09, 2008 7:49 pm

He has been producing well lately due to regular playing time, but this has been at the expense of Andruw Jones not being in the lineup. I like Pierre's game but I don't see him holding an everyday gig through the remainder of the season with a crowded OF of Andruw Jones, Ethier, and Kemp.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mde » Fri May 09, 2008 8:09 pm

The Jury wrote:He has been producing well lately due to regular playing time, but this has been at the expense of Andruw Jones not being in the lineup. I like Pierre's game but I don't see him holding an everyday gig through the remainder of the season with a crowded OF of Andruw Jones, Ethier, and Kemp.

I see him holding a spot. He's proven he is still productive when he's playing. Andruw Jones is an overpaid slob who has been finished since last year.
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 am

i love this latest write up by rotoworld.com
Juan Pierre went hitless in Saturday's loss and is in a 1-for-14 slump.
Pierre was supposed to be the Dodgers' fourth outfielder, but now he's back starting over Andre Ethier. The problem is that manager Joe Torre thinks Pierre is the better player of the two if both are playing at their usual levels, even if all evidence suggests that it's not the case. Ethier currently has the better OPS by more than 100 points, and he's combined for 34 runs+RBI while using 103 at-bats. Pierre has 22 runs+RBI in 85 at-bats. It's simply absurd that Ethier has started three games to Pierre's nine this month.

Pierre needs to sit his ass back on the bench, and Torre needs to insert Ethier back into the starting lineup. Ethier hasnt had back to back hitless games all season.
Pierre could be a valuable pinch runner/pinch hitter, but Ethier should be starting.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 91)

Postby sazaar » Sun May 11, 2008 3:12 am

Just got back from the Dodger game tonight. Jones went 0-3 with 2ks to lower his BA to .170. They need to come up with an injury to send him to the DL and a minor league rehab assignment. Pierre has cooled off a bit, but he is definitely a catalyst for the offense. Eithier's bat needs to be in the lineup.
sazaar
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers