KERSHAW arriving soon? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KERSHAW arriving soon?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KERSHAW arriving soon?

Postby kemper5 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 am

LA times thinks there is a possibility within the next 10 days with Loaiza going on the DL

see article
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/ ... 3239.story
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: KERSHAW arriving soon?

Postby siQ_innovation » Thu May 08, 2008 1:39 am

Wow, after reading that article it looks like this could really be happening. I always expected him to get the call around the All Star break but sooner is better than later. B-)

Let's just hope Yahoo doesn't spoil this. :-t

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby xeifrank » Thu May 08, 2008 2:26 am

Loaiza is officially on the DL. 5th starter spot opens up on May 17th, Loaiza comes off on the 18th. Torre says he wants to keep Guo in the bullpen. Other 25 man roster option is Chan Ho Park. Kershaw could get the call, but Schmidt would need to be moved from the 15 day to 60 day DL. With all the nonsense coming out of Torre's mouth of late, my guess is that Kershaw is going to get the May 17th start. There's a good chance that he will get sent back down after making a start or two, no matter how well he does in those starts. Atleast he will get added to the Yahoo database if he does indeed get called up. In my keeper league we are allowed to draft players not in the Yahoo database and must keep a roster spot open for them. Once our draft is over, we can then only use the Yahoo database to add players from. I drafted Kershaw and have a roster spot open for him.
vr, Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:47 am

i missed Scherzer with the second waiver priority. now i have the first priority and kewshaws all mine :-)
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Thu May 08, 2008 3:06 am

I don't think so. If they do they won't be able to limit his innings like they are doing now (he is pitching in relief). Also he will be worn out by the end of the year and they risk way to many innings piling up if they make the playoffs. There is to much risk right now, they need to give it to at least the break. Not to mention he has barely over 50IP above Low A.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Montana » Thu May 08, 2008 3:45 am

hybrid wrote:I don't think so. If they do they won't be able to limit his innings like they are doing now (he is pitching in relief). Also he will be worn out by the end of the year and they risk way to many innings piling up if they make the playoffs. There is to much risk right now, they need to give it to at least the break. Not to mention he has barely over 50IP above Low A.

Agreed......I'd be the wrong decision to call him up now. Which means it's likely exactly what the Dodgers will do.

:-°
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu May 08, 2008 12:46 pm

My take is he won't be promoted to fill in for Loaiza, but it's more of a distinct possibility given Joe's penchant of having two long relievers in Kuo and Park on hand, especially because the Dodger starters haven't consistently eaten the innings to go longer into games. I think the smarter thing to do is call up Jonathan Meloan, move him back to the pen (even though the Dodgers prefer to work him as a SP, but the results haven't quite been there), and bring up Kuo/Park (preferably Kuo) back into the rotation.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby jlm53089 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm

Brazolban got called up to replace Esteban...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Return to Baseball Leftovers