Seven year old takes Grandma's car for a ride... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Seven year old takes Grandma's car for a ride...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Seven year old takes Grandma's car for a ride...

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 11, 2008 3:17 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Kid lives in the next town over from me; on the other side of the tracks. Stay in your own neighborhood. You're not welcome in PBG.

i think a better thing to say would be that you guys would welcome them and show them the right way. B-)

I don't welcome lawlessness. Sorry, I don't like trouble makers in my neighborhood. Palm Beach Gardens is a great town and I'd like to keep it that way.
It's not up to me to show him the right way. It's up to his parents. Obviously they are lacking in the skills to do so or just don't give a damn.
So stop the holier than thou bs.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Sun May 11, 2008 8:38 am

Fireball Express wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Kid lives in the next town over from me; on the other side of the tracks. Stay in your own neighborhood. You're not welcome in PBG.

i think a better thing to say would be that you guys would welcome them and show them the right way. B-)

I don't welcome lawlessness. Sorry, I don't like trouble makers in my neighborhood. Palm Beach Gardens is a great town and I'd like to keep it that way.
It's not up to me to show him the right way. It's up to his parents. Obviously they are lacking in the skills to do so or just don't give a damn.
So stop the holier than thou bs.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious. You were being quite harsh and he was lightening it up. It sounds like you've got some deeper issues here, but maybe I misinterpreted your posts. Either way, something tells me your nickname isn't "sunshine".
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 11, 2008 1:31 pm

josebach wrote:I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious. You were being quite harsh and he was lightening it up. It sounds like you've got some deeper issues here, but maybe I misinterpreted your posts. Either way, something tells me your nickname isn't "sunshine".

Fireball "Sunshine" Express? Na, sounds too hippyish for me.

Someone in Tallahassee not understanding what goes on in Southern Florida? Hmmm, sounds like a recurring theme.
What would you people in Flarkansas do? Tie him to a tree and whip him?

Seriously though, Palm Beach County has a growing violent crime rate. The criminals are becoming more and more brazen. This 7 year old admits he knows it's wrong but doesn't care even though he could have killed someone. This is how it starts. A weekend w/out vidoe games? He'll probably get mad at his mother for that too. Kid needs to learn a lesson or this kind of behavior will continue.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Sun May 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
josebach wrote:I'm pretty sure he wasn't serious. You were being quite harsh and he was lightening it up. It sounds like you've got some deeper issues here, but maybe I misinterpreted your posts. Either way, something tells me your nickname isn't "sunshine".

Fireball "Sunshine" Express? Na, sounds too hippyish for me.

Someone in Tallahassee not understanding what goes on in Southern Florida? Hmmm, sounds like a recurring theme.
What would you people in Flarkansas do? Tie him to a tree and whip him?

Seriously though, Palm Beach County has a growing violent crime rate. The criminals are becoming more and more brazen. This 7 year old admits he knows it's wrong but doesn't care even though he could have killed someone. This is how it starts. A weekend w/out vidoe games? He'll probably get mad at his mother for that too. Kid needs to learn a lesson or this kind of behavior will continue.

I haven't seen one person disagree with you including myself, yet for some reason you're still being rude and obnoxious.

Hmmm... somebody from South Florida being rude and obnoxious? :-? Sounds like a recurring theme.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Sun May 11, 2008 10:20 pm

[quote="josebach
I haven't seen one person disagree with you including myself, yet for some reason you're still being rude and obnoxious.

Hmmm... somebody from South Florida being rude and obnoxious? :-? Sounds like a recurring theme.[/quote]

I wasn't trying to be rude and obnoxious. That just comes natural, I guess.
If I do seem to be rude and obnoxous then that part of me comes from NY. I've become a lot nice of a person since I moved to Florida. ;-) If I lived in Boca it might be a different story.
....I was just playing up that whole proposal of there being 2 states, North Florida and South Florida and how one doesn't understand the needs of the other. It's been in the local news so I figure you might catch on.

And yes, I did mistake Snakes' humor for a holier than thou tone.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 am

Fireball Express wrote: It's been in the local news so I figure you might catch on.

I'm not sure of the specifict rift you're referring too, but my in-laws live in Ft Myers and my father-in-law is always about Tallahassee (the State Govt) for various reasons. The govt does things that everybody off, though. I'm a software developer for one of the big state agencies and the state govt actually passes legislation that they expect us to have implemented in our software 4-6 weeks after legislation passes. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding in the way software development works, so it certainly doesn't suprise me that they have a complete lack of understanding in other areas as well.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Mon May 12, 2008 1:24 pm

josebach wrote:
Fireball Express wrote: It's been in the local news so I figure you might catch on.

I'm not sure of the specifict rift you're referring too, but my in-laws live in Ft Myers and my father-in-law is always bitching about Tallahassee (the State Govt) for various reasons. The govt does things that piss everybody off, though. I'm a software developer for one of the big state agencies and the state govt actually passes legislation that they expect us to have implemented in our software 4-6 weeks after legislation passes. It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding in the way software development works, so it certainly doesn't suprise me that they have a complete lack of understanding in other areas as well.

Here's a link with the story about the recent talk of South Florida Secession.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/may/07 ... s-breaking

...and a humorous "what if" take on it...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/co ... _0509.html
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon May 12, 2008 5:06 pm

Talk about a lack of parenting. 8-o

Almost speechless about the whole thing, but rather than write a book about it all, I'll simply give the parents of this kid a great big ----> :-t
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JonahC8 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:52 pm

MAYBE HE WANTED SOME GUM....
JonahC8
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk