Homer Bailey to be Called Up Within Next 2 Weeks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Homer Bailey to be Called Up Within Next 2 Weeks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Homer Bailey to be Called Up Within Next 2 Weeks?

Postby FantasyGuruORNot » Thu May 08, 2008 12:15 am

I read that there is a solid chance that Bailey will be called up within the next two weeks, can anyone confirm this? What do you expect his stats to be like when he does get called up?
FantasyGuruORNot
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Homer Bailey to be Called Up Within Next 2 Weeks?

Postby siQ_innovation » Thu May 08, 2008 1:33 am

where did you read this?

If Bailey were to be called up, I'd expect numbers in between the other two young guys in the Reds rotation (Volquez and Cueto). Just average out their stats and that's what I'd expect.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FantasyGuruORNot » Thu May 08, 2008 1:50 am

I read this in the Note under CIN SP Matt Belisle on Yahoo.
FantasyGuruORNot
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Montana » Thu May 08, 2008 3:48 am

May 4 Belisle was serviceable but not great in Saturday's loss to the Braves, giving up two runs over 5.1 innings, allowing seven hits an no walks while striking out two.
Recommendation: The impoved control from Belisle was a plus, and he at least kept the Reds in the game, though it later got out of hand thanks to their bullpen. It wasn't a great outing, but it should buy him at least one or two more starts to hold off the calls for bringing up Homer Bailey to replace him.

....don't think that really means he's likely to get called up in the next 2 weeks.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Ursa » Thu May 08, 2008 7:34 am

siQ_innovation wrote:If Bailey were to be called up, I'd expect numbers in between the other two young guys in the Reds rotation (Volquez and Cueto). Just average out their stats and that's what I'd expect.

That seems somewhat optimistic to me. I'd rate Bailey a little below Cueto and quite some distance behind Volquez given the season so far. They are all young pitchers so it's all estimation and gut feel at this point but of the three I'd say Bailey has the least upside right now.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Montana » Thu May 08, 2008 8:16 am

Ursa wrote:
siQ_innovation wrote:If Bailey were to be called up, I'd expect numbers in between the other two young guys in the Reds rotation (Volquez and Cueto). Just average out their stats and that's what I'd expect.

That seems somewhat optimistic to me. I'd rate Bailey a little below Cueto and quite some distance behind Volquez given the season so far. They are all young pitchers so it's all estimation and gut feel at this point but of the three I'd say Bailey has the least upside right now.

Over the course of their careers, Bailey's always been the most highly touted out the three.........and his season so far in AAA doesn't lead me to believe any of that has really changed.

Volquez and Cueto might be further along in their development........but I'd still consider Bailey to have the highest "ceilling" of the three.
Montana
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Ursa » Thu May 08, 2008 8:23 am

Montana wrote:
Ursa wrote:

Over the course of their careers, Bailey's always been the most highly touted out the three.........and his season so far in AAA doesn't lead me to believe any of that has really changed.

Volquez and Cueto might be further along in their development........but I'd still consider Bailey to have the highest "ceilling" of the three.

You may well be correct career-wise. I was thinking of this season only to be honest.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby tmlfan4ever » Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 am

Arroyo could get shelled again this week against the NYM. That could make things interesting.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby siQ_innovation » Sat May 10, 2008 3:03 am

Volquez is pitching some amazing ball right now and Cueto is having ups and then downs but overall, is performing quite nicely. The reason why I think Bailey will put up numbers between that of Volquez and Cueto is because he has something to prove. He got called up last season and got completely shelled. I think if he were to get called up this season, he'd approach it more maturely and smarter than he did last season and he'd put up numbers well enough to keep a consistent back-end rotation for most teams in most leagues.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun May 11, 2008 2:54 am

tmlfan4ever wrote:Arroyo could get shelled again this week against the NYM. That could make things interesting.

Apparently things just got a little less interesting. !+)
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates