Greg Reynolds Possibly Getting Called Up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Greg Reynolds Possibly Getting Called Up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Greg Reynolds Possibly Getting Called Up

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Manager Clint Hurdle banished pitcher Mark Redman to the bullpen today, increasing the likliehood that either prized prospect Greg Reynolds or an acquired pitcher, such as Josh Fogg, will replace him in the rotation Sunday at San Diego.

Redman struggled in Tuesday night's loss to the Cardinals at Coors Field. Hurdle hopes that Redman can rekindle last year's success in the bullpen. However, there remains a possibility he could get cut.

Reynolds started in Triple-A game today for Colorado Springs but went only two innings. He was removed on a short pitch count in order to leave him available for this Sunday's Rockies game. Reynolds is the highest draft pick in Rockies history, in 2006, and has shown much improvement recently with his sinkerball command.

I think he'll get Pwned but some people might care
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Greg Reynolds Possibly Getting Called Up

Postby sansav » Wed May 07, 2008 7:22 pm

What are people's thoughts on this guy - worth picking up in an NL only league?
sansav
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 pm

sansav wrote:What are people's thoughts on this guy - worth picking up in an NL only league?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that any pitching prospect with any kind of potential is worth picking up in NL only's...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby The Bronx Zoo » Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 pm

I'm sorry I wasted the 18 seconds of my life to look up his minor league stats so far this year. But hell, while I'm at this whole wasting time thing... here they are.

6 Starts 31 1/3 IP 1-2 5.17 ERA .333 BAgnst 1.66 WHIP 14K 9BB 43H :-° :-o
Ladies and Gents, the FFBLCafe artist formerly known as AT, and owner of The 1st Place Soda Pop Hinskes...
The Bronx Zoo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby siQ_innovation » Thu May 08, 2008 1:42 am

The Bronx Zoo wrote:I'm sorry I wasted the 18 seconds of my life to look up his minor league stats so far this year. But hell, while I'm at this whole wasting time thing... here they are.

Haha, well at least we know people won't be rushing to snag him with their waiver priorities with those kind of minor league numbers. I think this guy is worth a shot especially for people w/ shallow rotations, there's really nothing to lose.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 08, 2008 11:03 am

siQ_innovation wrote:
The Bronx Zoo wrote:I'm sorry I wasted the 18 seconds of my life to look up his minor league stats so far this year. But hell, while I'm at this whole wasting time thing... here they are.

Haha, well at least we know people won't be rushing to snag him with their waiver priorities with those kind of minor league numbers. I think this guy is worth a shot especially for people w/ shallow rotations, there's really nothing to lose.

Hi AA numbers were better but yea I don't think he's ready
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:29 pm

You've been busy with Rockies threads today acs. ;-)

Reynolds really got hit around at the start of the season, but has settled down recently and done much better lately. I think he has a lot of potential - probably not an ace, but a solid middle of the rotation guy.

If he did get the start on Sunday, it would be in the best pitcher's park in baseball, Petco Park. I don't think I'd take a chance on him fantasy wise, but as a Rockies fan, I'd be eager to see what he can do. I don't think he can be any worse than Mark Redman at least.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Not a great outing but he looked OK today. He still has top of rotation talent and all Keeper/Dynasty teams need to add him ASAP.

Greg Reynolds took a loss after giving up four runs in 5 2/3 innings against the Padres in his major league debut.
Reynolds struck out one and walked two. Three of the four runs came on homers by Scott Hairston and Khalil Greene. Reynolds will remain in the rotation for the foreseeable future, but he's not a fantasy option.

Rockies purchased the contract of RHP Greg Reynolds from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Reynolds is making his major league debut Sunday against the Padres.

The Rockies will call up Greg Reynolds to make his major league debut in Mark Redman's old rotation spot Sunday.
Reynolds was 1-2 with a 4.86 ERA, 45 H and 16/9 K/BB in 33 1/3 IP for Triple-A Colorado Springs. Those numbers shouldn't inspire much confidence, and while Reynolds is polished enough to potentially hold his own in the majors, he's not likely to be more than an adequate fifth starter this year.
Source: Denver Post
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 102)

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Not a great outing but he looked OK today. He still has top of rotation talent and all Keeper/Dynasty teams need to add him ASAP.

Greg Reynolds took a loss after giving up four runs in 5 2/3 innings against the Padres in his major league debut.
Reynolds struck out one and walked two. Three of the four runs came on homers by Scott Hairston and Khalil Greene. Reynolds will remain in the rotation for the foreseeable future, but he's not a fantasy option.

Rockies purchased the contract of RHP Greg Reynolds from Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Reynolds is making his major league debut Sunday against the Padres.

The Rockies will call up Greg Reynolds to make his major league debut in Mark Redman's old rotation spot Sunday.
Reynolds was 1-2 with a 4.86 ERA, 45 H and 16/9 K/BB in 33 1/3 IP for Triple-A Colorado Springs. Those numbers shouldn't inspire much confidence, and while Reynolds is polished enough to potentially hold his own in the majors, he's not likely to be more than an adequate fifth starter this year.
Source: Denver Post

Yea he did a decent job. Basically 1 bad pitch to a slumping Greene. Still 4 runs in Petco is a lot. I like him better then Redman though !+)
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:25 pm

once again...Yahoo doesn't add a top-level prospect after pitching a MLB game.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 102)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers