ROTOMOJO: The Scoop! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ROTOMOJO: The Scoop!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ROTOMOJO: The Scoop!

Postby ROTOMOJO » Wed May 07, 2008 11:45 am

--What a ride the 2008 season has been thus far. A lot of unexpected twist, and a lot of expected turns. Teams jumped started to an outstanding early season standings lead (St Louis), while other's got off to horrific starts (Detroit). Would anyone have believed you if before the season, and especially after the Miguel Cabrera trade to Detroit that the Tigers would start 0-7? How about now they have lost 4 straight and sit dead last in the AL Central? Maybe Detroit should have used some of that $142M they used on Miguel Cabrera to bribe the commissioner, Bud Selig into letting them play all their games, during the evenings. I mean hell, a 3-11 day-time record is just funny for a team of that caliber.

--What about the St Louis Cardinals? A team people wrote off, completely in most websites as true NL Central contenders with the likes of Milwaukee, Chicago and Cincinnati. Well, don't look now, but they won .60% of the NL Central games to date, and have a 2.5 game lead in the division. Rick Ankiel, Pitcher turned Hacker, pacing a 30/100 season. All while, Troy Glaus, whose what, on his 600th team now it seems ( i know it's just his 4th), is batting close to the mendoza line with a Juan Pierre-ish and very un-Troy Glaus-ish 1:114 HR/AB Ratio. Oh and someone please deflate Kyle Lohse.

--Ervin, 'the forgotten' Santana has put together the best 7 starts of his career. Lucky for him, they all are back to back of each other, and they're to start his '08 season. 4 Hit the Royals for his 6th win, on the road. 15.2 Inning pitched... Thats how many's hes gone without surrendering an Earned Run. This from a guy labeled as a bust, at the age of 24. Will he keep it up, or will his splits fall true again? His 38:4 K/BB ratio indicates at a quick glance he's on the path to stardom.

--Andruw Jones really amazes me. Check this out 34:101 K/AB ratio. Expanded to 550 AB season this year: 204:550. 200 Strikes out in a single season. Can it be done? Ryan Howard holds the record for most SO by a hitter in a single season with 199. If Jones continues to get the AB's, which he probably will, we could see a new record holder. Simple amazing how Andruw Jones went from Elite status, to falling star in such a short time. (HGH?)

--Can someone tell Billy Butler theirs more to hitting a ball then just singles. Throw in a double, or a Home-run once in awhile. 26:30 (single/hit) ratio for a line drive power hitter is above me.

--Someone else tell Delmon Young that it's also okay to use his power and not hit like he's the biggest lead off hitter in the game. Newsflash Delmon, your 6' 3" 200 pounds with Gap and Home run power. But i don't believe you. No HR in 114 AB, you went 225 Innings last year with no HR. Not to mention only 13 in 660 AB's in '07. It's probably time to re-write the scouting report. Heres what it could say: I'm an over sized lead off hitter. I tend to slump for weeks. Don't walk, I'm far to impatient at the plate to want to stand there and wait for 4 balls. I'd much rather hack at anything close to the zone. But i will steal you a base to make up for my overrated power.
ROTOMOJO
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Wed May 07, 2008 12:14 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 398)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers