Conor Jackson vs. Casey Kotchman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Conor Jackson vs. Casey Kotchman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Conor Jackson vs. Casey Kotchman

Postby J35J » Wed May 07, 2008 1:29 pm

They are pretty much the same guy batting on opposite sides of the plate. I'd probably lean toward Jackson only because I like the better, younger offense team he's on.

They are very close though!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu May 08, 2008 4:27 am

The Cow wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:Is the D-Backs lineup that much better than the Angels lineup? :-? I don't know if i think so

Well the D-Backs have scored 189 runs and the Angels 169 and that is with the D-Backs not having a DH. So with all things being equal and they pretty much are with Jackson and Kotchman, go with the guy in the better lineup. Plus Kotchman is injury prone.

The Cow

The run total just says they have been better up to date, not that one is truely better. You can easily make a case for the D'backs over performing while the Angels are under performing up to now (Vlad not hitting and Howie hurt). Kotchman though he has injuries in the past has been fairly healthy lately, you can't really blame him for being hit in the head last year and having mono. So with all that said I think they are both very close.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Cow » Thu May 08, 2008 8:42 am

hybrid wrote:
The Cow wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:Is the D-Backs lineup that much better than the Angels lineup? :-? I don't know if i think so

Well the D-Backs have scored 189 runs and the Angels 169 and that is with the D-Backs not having a DH. So with all things being equal and they pretty much are with Jackson and Kotchman, go with the guy in the better lineup. Plus Kotchman is injury prone.

The Cow

The run total just says they have been better up to date, not that one is truely better. You can easily make a case for the D'backs over performing while the Angels are under performing up to now (Vlad not hitting and Howie hurt). Kotchman though he has injuries in the past has been fairly healthy lately, you can't really blame him for being hit in the head last year and having mono. So with all that said I think they are both very close.

I like the D-Backs lineup better, I used the run total to bring some facts into the equation. I thought the D-Backs had the better O at the start of the year and nothing has happened to change my mind.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cwrtlm » Thu May 08, 2008 8:46 am

Is Votto in the same category as these 2 guys?
C- Hundley, Iannetta
1b- Wallace
2b- Barney/Barmes
3b- J. Lopez
CO- G. Sanchez
SS- Tulo
MI- Castro
OF- Bay, Hart, Pagan, Smith, Francisco, Ankiel
U- C. Ross(DL), Cantu
P- Carpent, Billings, Volquez, Marcum, Norris, J. Vazquez, Westbrook, Wolf, E Rogers
cwrtlm
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Thu May 08, 2008 9:55 am

cwrtlm wrote:Is Votto in the same category as these 2 guys?

Personally I like Votto over both.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Cow » Thu May 08, 2008 10:10 am

I am going to stick with my horse Conor Jackson, followed by Kotchman and then Votto. However, I do think Votto has the better future so in a keeper go with Votto. But if you are trying to win now, go with Jackson. All are closely ranked I suppose. I will say that Votto stock is inflated right now based on yesterday.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu May 15, 2008 12:47 am

I'd take Jackson, especially now that FIggins is on the DL.

In a slightly related aside O:-) I picked up Kotchman to play for Hafner (whom I subsequently dropped, its a ten team league)... I also took a flier on Adam LaRoche when I heard he was heating up. Which would you rather have going forward?
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby freeling_prideful » Thu May 15, 2008 4:56 am

Depends on need but I'd generally go with Kotchman. He hits for a better average, strikes out a lot less so his numbers are less prone to fluctuation (very valuable in H2H leagues, you don't want a guy who might go 4-21 with 9 K in a given week and will kill you), and has a better lineup around him even w/ Figgins and Kendrick spending some time on the DL. When they get back he'll be driving in runs at a good pace.

LaRoche definitely has more power though, he could hit 25 from here on out, while I think Kotchman will not even total 25 on the season.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers