1st post/TO ARLO - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cincinnati Reds

1st post/TO ARLO

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st post/TO ARLO

Postby poundsman » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:33 pm

who is the reds correspondant? if one is needed i can fill in for the one who signed up i live in lex ky we get all the reds info down around here so let me me KNOW arlo
When my time on earth has passed, I hope the bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass.
-Bob Knight-
poundsman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:08 pm

Poundsman, just feel yourself at home! ;-D We've decided not to give anybody a special correspondent tag and just see how things unfold. If there is more than one expert reporting on a team, everyone will profit - the more, the merrier!
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

injuries

Postby chichpsalm » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:20 am

So, if Griffey, Casey, Willy, and Kearns stay healthy, is it unreasonable to expect the Reds to be close to 1st place all year? Hope springs eternal.

I just can't imagine how an outfield of Grif-Kearns-Dunn wouldn't be able to make up for our patchwork quilt of starting pitchers. Our 'pen will be good since we couldn't unload White or Sullivan, and the IF should hold up as soon as Larkin is benched.

Maybe I just want to believe those Great American Ballpark tix I got this weekend will be worth it.
Did you know there are no such things as "white" or "black" people?

http://onehumanrace.com/
chichpsalm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zoob » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:18 pm

What's the name of the new stadium? I remember seeing games at the old Crosley Field with my grandma. Then, Riverfront Stadium was built. These were the times of a lineup including Rose, Morgan, Bench, Perez, and Concepcion a.k.a. the Big Red Machine. This one twi-night double-header started at 5pm and the first game went 17 innings. We got back home at 3am...heh heh. Somehow, we all knew we were watching history back then. I've since moved out west some 20 years ago and am now a Rockies fan but I'll never forget those days of my youth....Sweet. :*)
[color=blue]Coors Field [u]#1[/u][/color]
Zoob
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Splinter » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:50 pm

Don't forget George Foster,Ken Griffey Sr.,& Cesar Geronimo!
Davey Concepcion(#13) was my fave though.
GO REDS!
Splinter
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:45 am

Hope may spring eternal.....but reality is a cold-blooded B**CH.
I would love to see this team succeed. I would love to see Junior return to his form of old. I am afraid however that the Reds have too big of a cloud hanging over their heads in the form of management and owership to ever do much better than .500.
I hope I'm wrong. :-t

Friendliness: %

Postby EricF » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:05 pm

C'mon, Zoob! "What's the name of the new stadium"? You can't go much anywhere in baseball-related Web sites and not find that out, even if you live in Colorado! (All right, I'll give you a break.)

The name is Great American Ball Park. When I first heard it, I thought, "Yeah, we're getting away from stadiums named for corporate sponsors!" Then it dawned on me that the majority owner of the Reds runs Great American Insurance Company. So much for pure baseball! But it's still a pretty cool name.
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:21 pm

I think the Reds can challenge the Astros, but the Stros have the clear advantage and superior pitching.
chaindog35
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Cincinnati Reds