One More Streaming Problem Thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

One More Streaming Problem Thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: One More Streaming Problem Thread

Postby Matthias » Fri May 09, 2008 7:28 pm

n0_j0 wrote:
flloyd wrote:Huh? Where did i ever suggest that he's supposed to lose? i don't get it.

You suggested that he should lose when you suggested that the rules for which he specifically drafted his team were no longer valid.

He always has the possibility to trade some of his hitting for pitching. It's not the end of the world.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Merlin401 » Sat May 10, 2008 8:37 am

Matthias wrote:
n0_j0 wrote:
flloyd wrote:Huh? Where did i ever suggest that he's supposed to lose? i don't get it.

You suggested that he should lose when you suggested that the rules for which he specifically drafted his team were no longer valid.

He always has the possibility to trade some of his hitting for pitching. It's not the end of the world.

For one thing, thats very difficult to do. Trying to somehow trade your bench players for top of the line pitching is nearly impossible. I've been fortunate enough to acquire the following through FA and Waivers though: Jarrjens, Cueto, Danks so as of now I can pretty much comply with not streaming to keep the peace of the few. But if I should need to certain weeks, I still see no reason whatsoever not to.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Matthias » Sat May 10, 2008 9:57 am

Merlin401 wrote:
Matthias wrote:
n0_j0 wrote:You suggested that he should lose when you suggested that the rules for which he specifically drafted his team were no longer valid.

For one thing, thats very difficult to do. Trying to somehow trade your bench players for top of the line pitching is nearly impossible. I've been fortunate enough to acquire the following through FA and Waivers though: Jarrjens, Cueto, Danks so as of now I can pretty much comply with not streaming to keep the peace of the few. But if I should need to certain weeks, I still see no reason whatsoever not to.

I've almost never been able to trade bench players. What you can do is trade starters and put in your playable bench players.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flloyd » Sat May 10, 2008 11:03 am

Here's an easy solution for this year. Since you claimed to use all of your early picks on hitting that means you should be dominating in that category and should be able to trade some of that hitting for pitching. Make an agreement with the person(s) complaining about your streaming that you (and any others) will stop streaming if they agree to trade two of their starters for two of your hitters. This should solidify your pitching and you shouldn't have any reason to stream and they shouldn't have any reason to complain. If they disagree with this then tell them that you are within your right to stream this year. i think this is a pretty fair option for all involved.

Does anyone see any problems with this? I don't think that it negatively effects your draft strategy, particularly since no matter what you strategy is generally the last 3-5 rounds are all replacement level type players.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Merlin401 » Sat May 10, 2008 2:00 pm

flloyd wrote:Here's an easy solution for this year. Since you claimed to use all of your early picks on hitting that means you should be dominating in that category and should be able to trade some of that hitting for pitching. Make an agreement with the person(s) complaining about your streaming that you (and any others) will stop streaming if they agree to trade two of their starters for two of your hitters. This should solidify your pitching and you shouldn't have any reason to stream and they shouldn't have any reason to complain. If they disagree with this then tell them that you are within your right to stream this year. i think this is a pretty fair option for all involved.

Does anyone see any problems with this? I don't think that it negatively effects your draft strategy, particularly since no matter what you strategy is generally the last 3-5 rounds are all replacement level type players.

Well, sadly, my offense has not been dominating as much as I would have hoped. I have had the worst injury luck of anyone I think... Rollins, Granderson, Posada, now Figgins (thats probably about 50% of my starting offense!). I also lost Gallardo and Cordero for the year, further hampering the pitching scene.

Anyway, good suggestion though. I'll see what I can do when I get healthy.
Merlin401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat May 10, 2008 5:53 pm

I say F it, the settings are what they are. Deal with it, or lose because of it. If you didn't make the rules, then there is no reason you can't take advantage of them. Done deal.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby noseeum » Mon May 12, 2008 4:34 am

flloyd wrote:Here's an easy solution for this year. Since you claimed to use all of your early picks on hitting that means you should be dominating in that category and should be able to trade some of that hitting for pitching. Make an agreement with the person(s) complaining about your streaming that you (and any others) will stop streaming if they agree to trade two of their starters for two of your hitters. This should solidify your pitching and you shouldn't have any reason to stream and they shouldn't have any reason to complain. If they disagree with this then tell them that you are within your right to stream this year. i think this is a pretty fair option for all involved.

How is this an easy solution? "We're going to screw you over, but since you have a lot of good hitting, you can fix it by trading away your good hitting, so we're not screwing you over TOO badly."

He wanted to have good hitting and not need to compete for good pitching because that's how the point system works. That's the whole point. Forcing him to adjust his entire roster to deal with a rule change is not fair in any sense of the word.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby flloyd » Mon May 12, 2008 7:53 am

I will let the fact that the OP himself stated that it was a good suggestion speak for itself.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Mon May 12, 2008 9:31 am

noseeum wrote:

How is this an easy solution? "We're going to screw you over, but since you have a lot of good hitting, you can fix it by trading away your good hitting, so we're not screwing you over TOO badly."

He wanted to have good hitting and not need to compete for good pitching because that's how the point system works. That's the whole point. Forcing him to adjust his entire roster to deal with a rule change is not fair in any sense of the word.

? I don't think it said anywhere that it was a points league. It looks like it's H2H roto.

But I don't see how him trading hitting for pitching is screwing him over. If he drafted all hitting, he should have some bats to spare. And unless everyone colludes on trading with him, he should get his value returned.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby noseeum » Mon May 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Matthias wrote:
noseeum wrote:

? I don't think it said anywhere that it was a points league. It looks like it's H2H roto.

But I don't see how him trading hitting for pitching is screwing him over. If he drafted all hitting, he should have some bats to spare. And unless everyone colludes on trading with him, he should get his value returned.

You don't see how telling the rest of the league that one guy is going to be attempting to trade a bunch of hitting in order to address his newfound problem, caused by a rule change mid season, is unfair? How exactly is he going to get a fair deal? If he really desperately needs pitching, a competitive owner will put the screws to him and get the best deal possible for himself. But maybe now the rest of the league should collude, and agree to give the guy sweet heart deals for the sake of the league's integrity. That would probably make sense, given the rest of the warped logic being discussed here.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner