Headley possibly being called up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Headley possibly being called up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Headley possibly being called up?

Postby RRGL1 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 pm

There is a thread over at rotoworld saying Headley will be called up at the end of this week.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=65784&st=0

He is in the Yahoo database...no really he is.
RRGL1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Headley possibly being called up?

Postby Smileyman9 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:07 pm

Man. I hope this is accurate; I'm not expecting a miracle, however Headley has been sitting on my bench since my draft and it sure would be nice to see what this kid can do...
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Slow Pitch » Tue May 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Smileyman9 wrote:Man. I hope this is accurate; I'm not expecting a miracle, however Headley has been sitting on my bench since my draft and it sure would be nice to see what this kid can do...

Same here!

This would be great news! ;-D
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 06, 2008 8:26 pm

if Headley is called up it would be to play full time in LF right?
does the Padres interest in Jacque Jones make it less likely that Headley is called up?
according to rotowire.com these are his current stats in AAA..
(28 G, 112 AB) 16 R, 9 D, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 13 BB, 32 K
.268 AVG/ .349 OBP/ .402 SLG/ .751 OPS
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 513)

Postby Guaranteed Loser » Wed May 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Dear Mr. Towers

Don't pick up Jacque Jones if you want to maintain your credibility.

Thanks!

Padres Fan
Thanks to Idahofan for the sweet graphic!
Guaranteed Loser
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehotcorner » Thu May 08, 2008 9:50 pm

So any word on this Headley call up, folks from the SD area?
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RRGL1 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:33 pm

Still just unconfirmed speculation at this point, but Headley is raking this past week and helping his cause.

Headley may start getting more attention now in leagues thanks to http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mlb/news;_ylt=AiPBVwLNhKP4IwtqfK5AFVRNC5kB?slug=be-noise_050808
RRGL1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nmarq8 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:47 am

RRGL1 wrote:Still just unconfirmed speculation at this point, but Headley is raking this past week and helping his cause.

Headley may start getting more attention now in leagues thanks to http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mlb/news;_ylt=AiPBVwLNhKP4IwtqfK5AFVRNC5kB?slug=be-noise_050808

Haha, that's ridiculous, yahoo links to this page for information! Actually, the more I think of it the more I realize how much more fantasy knowledge I've gotten from this site than Yahoo.

Back to the post, I live in San Diego and sporadically listen to the local sports radio and haven't heard anything. I think it's more of a case of "this guy's a top hitting prospect and your team can't hit so bring him up" type hype than anything, but with that being said I just picked him up. It's inevitable, I feel like the starting left fielder for the Univ. of San Diego could do better than the McAnulty-Hairston platoon.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The_Natural » Fri May 09, 2008 12:58 am

nmarq8 wrote:
RRGL1 wrote:Still just unconfirmed speculation at this point, but Headley is raking this past week and helping his cause.

Haha, that's ridiculous, yahoo links to this page for information! Actually, the more I think of it the more I realize how much more fantasy knowledge I've gotten from this site than Yahoo.

Back to the post, I live in San Diego and sporadically listen to the local sports radio and haven't heard anything. I think it's more of a case of "this guy's a top hitting prospect and your team can't hit so bring him up" type hype than anything, but with that being said I just picked him up. It's inevitable, I feel like the starting left fielder for the Univ. of San Diego could do better than the McAnulty-Hairston platoon.

It sure wouldn't hurt them to bring him up.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:05 pm

nmarq8 wrote:

Obviously this site gives better fantasy information than yahoo because this site is AWESOME!!! ;-D

But seriously, after a slow start Headley has been raking. In the past 10 games he is batting .463 with 9 runs, 1 hr, 6 rbis and a sparkling 9:6 K/BB ratio. On the season he is batting .304/.383/.464. Not bad considering how slow he started. Lets see what this kid can do...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 33)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers