Klesko and Hinske - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Klesko and Hinske

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Klesko and Hinske

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:52 am

How do ya think they'll do this season? Both just went on waivers and I think either one could be a better bench warmer than Spiezio.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Honus » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:56 am

I think Hinske will bounce back from his injuries this year and finish among the top half of thirdbasemen. I really am not too high on Klesko as a starter at first base. Both will be better options than Speizio, though.
We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out. Decca Recording, 1962
New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common. John Locke
Fortune favors the bold. Virgil
Honus
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:58 am

Klesko has back troubles that will still plague him, Hinske bombed last year but was hurt, IMHO go with Hinske. For the record they are both worth more of a reserve spot tham Speizo.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fezzik » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:58 am

I'd definitely take either Hinske or Klesko over Speizio..

If your shallow at 3rd, I'd take Hinske...if you're picking up one solely as a utility player, I'd take Klesko. Klesko's shoulder is 100% and I expect solid numbers from him this year.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:00 am

Klesko has back troubles that will still plague him, Hinske bombed last year but was hurt, IMHO go with Hinske. For the record they are both worth more of a reserve spot tham Speizo.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:04 am

Hell I'd take them both!! I'd like to see the rest of your lineup cause I'm sure I'd be able to find a place on my bench for both of them. But if you must choose I'd take whatever you need more and like one guy said if it's for util. then take Klesko he has been proven to be a big number guy in the past. Although Hinske had a bad wrist last year and he hit a ton of doubles. With a strong wrist he would probably be able to turn some of those doubles into HRs. Just some food for thought....I'd still take Klesko though.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:08 am

fezzik wrote:I'd definitely take either Hinske or Klesko over Speizio..

If your shallow at 3rd, I'd take Hinske...if you're picking up one solely as a utility player, I'd take Klesko. Klesko's shoulder is 100% and I expect solid numbers from him this year.

Klesko still has back trouble though doesnt he? The kind that never truley goes away? Either way we both agree Hinske is the man and they are both better than Speizo.
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mattusd » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:57 am

if hinske and klesko are on your league's waiver wire... i would just quit right now b/c you're obviously in like a 5 team league. find another league to join.

okay... all kidding aside: you clearly want klesko if you just need a utility player... hinske is a long shot to match klesko's usual numbers.

hinske is a nice player... but he isn't capable of going .300-30-90... klesko can easily do that. it looks like he's healthy too... so he'll show last year's numbers were caused by nagging injuries.
plus, he actually has other hitters in the lineup now... so 100 rbi isn't out of the question.
mattusd
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:01 pm

I could easily see Hinske on waivers in many leagues. Not that I think he deserves to be there, but if people look solely at last year's numbers, he stunk. Klesko, on the other hand, is a solid player in what looks like a great friggin' lineup. Padres are going all the way this year! 8)

But yeah, I agree with the consensus, Hinkse for 3B, Klesko for utility.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:15 pm

I think Hinske is capable of hitting .290, 30, 100, 100. If he's healthy (which he is) and hitting in a strong lineup (which he is) he is very capable of those numbers. Another year to mature as a player and heal will do wonders for him. I'm predicting a bigger year than his ROY year. Plus, he worked out none stop over the off season. He came into camp 20 pounds lighter. He got rid of the baby fat and is primed to jump up to the top of fantasy third basemen.

My prediction: next season Hinske is drafted in the same spots as guy like Blalock and Tex (I know Tex wont qualify there next season) and ahead of guys like Glaus. Glaus will be a bust agian this year.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers