Postby Pitch12 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:00 pm

Pitch12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trades that need to happen.

Postby hybrid » Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Some of these are pretty bad. The Dunn one wouldn't happen, especially right now with how terrible Ian has pitched and the issues Tabata is having at the moment. Why would the Rockies deal the only guy who can close games for well, nothing? M's deal Balentein after they make room for him and really have no one who can take his place in the OF? Also if it's anything the Cards have enough of, it's OF's (Rasmus says hi). Ben Francisco has an impressive bat, this is news to me and why do the Nationals need more OF's? Last but not least the Phillies trade one of their best bats for another 3B and a speedy util OF, um not while they are in the play off hunt. Also that makes it so the Sox have no room for Quentin ... really I don't get it.

I honestly don't get any of the "trades that need to happen". Basically none of these fit for both sides.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Cow » Tue May 06, 2008 2:55 pm

The tribe can't deal Francisco, not the way they are hitting. What the Tribe should do is sign Bonds though.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pitch12 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:19 pm

The Reds wont let Dunn walk. And if a team bases Kennedy's performance on one month, then they're clearly idiots.

Yea, Kearns and Wily Mo are realllll talented. Big keepers, let me tell ya.
Pitch12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby MTUCache » Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 pm

It surprises me that the post date on this was today... because most of these look like they were written before the season.

Dunn for Kennedy/Tabata? The Yankees need more pitching not less. If anybody has an excess of quality young starters to give some more time to, it's the Reds.

Fuentes to the Tigers? The Rockies on their way down? How about the Tigers? The only brightspot on the Tigers right now has been their young bullpen. Sure, Fuentes is more established, but between Rapada and Seay, the Tigers have plenty of lefty relievers who have held their own so far this season. Giving up Bazardo/Thomas doesn't seem like too bad of a deal, but the Tigers need some quality starts, not more lefties to bring out of the bullpen in the fifth inning.

The Nats trade Rausch? They're kidding right....? If Cordero's arm troubles are as bad as they say, the Nats will gladly pay Rausch the closer-money he's going to be looking for after this season. Besides, don't the Indians have a bullpen full of guys they're already trying to fit into the closer role? Now they're going to bring in another one for two-thirds of a season and either give him a huge contract (shutting out Betancourt and Kobayashi) or let him leave and start the closer-carousel over again next year?
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 06, 2008 3:36 pm

Pitch12 wrote:Hmm, I wonder if these will happen?

http://sportsfreakers.blogspot.com/2008 ... appen.html

Do you write for this site? It is like the 5 link to them in the last few days and they aren't very good.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Pitch12 wrote:Hmm, I wonder if these will happen?

http://sportsfreakers.blogspot.com/2008 ... appen.html

Do you write for this site? It is like the 5 link to them in the last few days and they aren't very good.

I almost asked the same thing yesterday. Seems like your trying to push your site on us...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Tue May 06, 2008 3:58 pm

MTUCache wrote:It surprises me that the post date on this was today... because most of these look like they were written before the season.

Dunn for Kennedy/Tabata? The Yankees need more pitching not less. If anybody has an excess of quality young starters to give some more time to, it's the Reds.

Fuentes to the Tigers? The Rockies on their way down? How about the Tigers? The only brightspot on the Tigers right now has been their young bullpen. Sure, Fuentes is more established, but between Rapada and Seay, the Tigers have plenty of lefty relievers who have held their own so far this season. Giving up Bazardo/Thomas doesn't seem like too bad of a deal, but the Tigers need some quality starts, not more lefties to bring out of the bullpen in the fifth inning.

The Nats trade Rausch? They're kidding right....? If Cordero's arm troubles are as bad as they say, the Nats will gladly pay Rausch the closer-money he's going to be looking for after this season. Besides, don't the Indians have a bullpen full of guys they're already trying to fit into the closer role? Now they're going to bring in another one for two-thirds of a season and either give him a huge contract (shutting out Betancourt and Kobayashi) or let him leave and start the closer-carousel over again next year?

I know why would the Nats trade Rauch at this point. These trades really don't "need" to be made, and some of them are pointless.

I could see the Rockies trading Fuentes, but I don't think it will be to Detroit.

Why do the Yankees need Adam Dunn? There offense is fine, why would they give an OF prospect with a lot of potential and one of there starting pitchers. I think Kennedy is overrated, but they need him to pitch well this year.

Blogs suck.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EverybodyHits » Tue May 06, 2008 4:16 pm

stop spamming that useless blog :-t

reported to admins :-t
EverybodyHits
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:19 pm

MTUCache wrote:It surprises me that the post date on this was today... because most of these look like they were written before the season.

Tell me about it. Trade makes zero sense.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers