Blake Dewitt - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Blake Dewitt

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Blake Dewitt

Postby dssguy99 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:57 am

What will happen to him once Nomar returns? He is putting up big numbers for a rather shallow position this year...Im sure he would out preform Nomar in the long run this year.
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Blake Dewitt

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:19 pm

I doubt he would keep the job over Nomar, the Dodgers have too much money invested in Nomar not to let him play. Even if he beats ount Nomar, keep in mind that the Dodgers still have Andy LaRoche in AAA. I think that if (most likely when) DeWitt cools off, one of those two guys take his place. The Dodgers were even playing Martin at 3B in a bunch of games (though I think this was more about giving martin days off from C). To me, it all adds up to Dewitt being a decent short-term play in NL-only leagues, but not much more than that.....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue May 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Dewitt is perhaps the best defensive 3B between him, Nomar, and Laroche. Even if Nomar comes back and when Laroche eventually returns, Dewitt could have a run at the big club this time around than be simply demoted to work on his bat when Nomar comes around. So, I'd think Dewitt will still be useful as a late-inning defensive substitution and a platoon starter on certain days, but that's just my opinion.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 672)

Postby dssguy99 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Well...for now I put Glaus on the bench and Ill play Dewitt...anyone is better then Glaus...even a defensive late inning sub as noted above! ;-D
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:32 pm

i think he should be less worried about nomar and more worried about andy laroche. laroche is in AAA right now rehabing his hand, I believe it's his hand, and will most likely be back up in the majors in about 2 weeks. laroche will no doubt be given the starting job over dewitt, dewitt has played well...but the dodgers see laroche as the long term answer there, IMO. dewitt will probably stay up and be the backup and give laroche days off until he is 100%...then once nomar comes back dewitt doesn't have a shot IMO unless he can play somewhere else in the infield to give old guys days off like furcal and kent...although chin-lung hu pretty much has that spot.

i guess what i'm getting at is dewitt doesn't have a shot at being in the majors when laroche and nomar are healthy.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates