Harang - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Harang

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Harang

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 pm

Does anyone know why he didn't start tonight?
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Harang

Postby SimbaPenn » Mon May 05, 2008 10:00 pm

It'd be a lot to ask him to pitch back to back nights. He's pitching tomorrow.
SimbaPenn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hwiggen » Mon May 05, 2008 10:08 pm

SimbaPenn wrote:It'd be a lot to ask him to pitch back to back nights. He's pitching tomorrow.

You never know with Dusty at the helm. :-b
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:48 pm

Oh okay, for some reason he was listed in my league as getting the start tonight, and I believed it as this would be 5 days after his last start...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gatorgreenwell » Mon May 05, 2008 11:36 pm

They decided to give the workhorse an extra day of rest. Also, they might have wanted Cueto to start against Dempster rather than Zambrano. The Reds say that they might skip Cueto vs. Oliver Perez and the Mets later in the week and give Harang his 2nd start of the week. We shall see what Dusty decides after a nice performance from Cueto tonight.
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach

Postby siQ_innovation » Tue May 06, 2008 2:11 am

gatorgreenwell wrote:They decided to give the workhorse an extra day of rest. Also, they might have wanted Cueto to start against Dempster rather than Zambrano. The Reds say that they might skip Cueto vs. Oliver Perez and the Mets later in the week and give Harang his 2nd start of the week. We shall see what Dusty decides after a nice performance from Cueto tonight.

Very nice.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dhark » Tue May 06, 2008 12:04 pm

I like Harang, but I am benching him w/ a potent Cubs lineup. The Cubs have lost 2 in row and I think they will be swinging tonight. I think I will wait til next start. Anyone else worried about starting him tonight? His ERA was 7.50 against them this season so far.
Dhark
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:48 pm

Dhark wrote:I like Harang, but I am benching him w/ a potent Cubs lineup. The Cubs have lost 2 in row and I think they will be swinging tonight. I think I will wait til next start. Anyone else worried about starting him tonight? His ERA was 7.50 against them this season so far.

I mean, I'm somewhat worried, but he's the ace of my staff. I'm all for playing matchups with role players but you can't bench your ace. Who are your other SPs?
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 06, 2008 12:58 pm

bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:
Dhark wrote:I like Harang, but I am benching him w/ a potent Cubs lineup. The Cubs have lost 2 in row and I think they will be swinging tonight. I think I will wait til next start. Anyone else worried about starting him tonight? His ERA was 7.50 against them this season so far.

I mean, I'm somewhat worried, but he's the ace of my staff. I'm all for playing matchups with role players but you can't bench your ace. Who are your other SPs?

I'm with basketcase. I'm not benching my ace.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby BBlinn13 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:00 pm

I have CC Sabathia, C. Hamels, anf James Sheilds and would never bench Harrang. He is good, its that simple.
[
BBlinn13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates