Weird thing I saw on Yahoo big board (atkins possible 2b?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Weird thing I saw on Yahoo big board (atkins possible 2b?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Weird thing I saw on Yahoo big board (atkins possible 2b?)

Postby jealousblues » Mon May 05, 2008 9:17 pm

49 Garrett Atkins, Col, 3B No. 33 in Y! game has potential to gain 2B eligibility w/ Tulo injury

huh?

Is this really a possibility?
Anyone from Colorado know, or is this just weird BS?
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Weird thing I saw on Yahoo big board (atkins possible 2b?)

Postby neoforce » Mon May 05, 2008 9:36 pm

I haven't heard anything about Atkins move to 2B (which I assume would mean Stewart comes up.) But I had just posted the below as a new thread when I saw this one about Akins posted. So I deleted my post in an effort not to create too many Rockie Infield threads:

We have had three threads recently about the Rockies infield (see links below) but the situation may have changed (yet again) so I'm not sure they fit anymore.

After Tulo went down, it became clear Stewart wasn't coming up and most folks seemed to think that Barmes was going to be at SS with Baker (if he recovered from his popped blood vessel) at 2B. Well, the last few games seem to be a platoon. With a RHP, Jonathan Herrera (switch hitter) and Omar Quintanilla (lefty hitter) got the starts. Against a LHP, the righty hitters Baker and Barmes.

Anyone (Rockie Homers? ACS?) read/heard anything about this? Are the Rockies saying anything officially about 2B/SS?

As a reference, here are the previous threads:

Ian Stewart (Merged) - acs was first! viewtopic.php?f=7&t=341719

Could Barmes become relevant again?
viewtopic.php?t=337757

Tulo Tears Tendon Out Till July
viewtopic.php?t=342304
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jfg » Mon May 05, 2008 9:47 pm

He played 2B the game Tulo got hurt and a lot of people thought he'd stay there. He didn't, they called up a pair of minor leaguers. It's extremely unlikely he'll see enough 2B time to gain eligibility in Yahoo.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 06, 2008 12:23 pm

With Quintinilla, herrera, and barmes I doubt he plays 2B again but its a possibility.

I guess if you start with Quintinilla at SS and Barmes at 2B then one gets injured and Herrera takes his spot then needs to be pinch hit for our something.

I doubt this happens much though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers