Games in a week website - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Games in a week website

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Games in a week website

Postby jfg » Mon May 05, 2008 8:55 pm

Does anybody have a website that lists how many games a team will play and against who in a nice little table? I used to rely on CBS Sportsline who put it in their hitting planner but it seems like they moved it to a page where you need to be in a CBS league. I'm really missing it this year.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Games in a week website

Postby NZ Eff » Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Why would you need a table of how many games a team will play?

This is what I use for schedules in advance
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#20080505
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 pm

i dont but im confused as to why you would even need one. every team generally plays 6 games a week.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Mon May 05, 2008 9:12 pm

You don't know how valuable it is in weekly leagues. CBS's put the amount of games-who they were playing and where they were being played all into a table at the top of the hitting planner. A tool like this is as invaluable as knowing who's getting two starts in weekly leagues.

Generally? I'm not going to win any fantasy leagues going by what generally happens. There are plenty of times where a team has an extra game or one less. But, the table is most helpful for matchups and ballparks.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 am

Really? This doesn't exist? If there is anybody from CBS Sportsline lurking the boards, please bring this back to the hitting planner. I miss this tool so much.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 5 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:36 am

jfg wrote:You don't know how valuable it is in weekly leagues. CBS's put the amount of games-who they were playing and where they were being played all into a table at the top of the hitting planner. A tool like this is as invaluable as knowing who's getting two starts in weekly leagues.

Generally? I'm not going to win any fantasy leagues going by what generally happens. There are plenty of times where a team has an extra game or one less. But, the table is most helpful for matchups and ballparks.

I'm in a CBS weekly league and you're right...that info is very valuable.

Rotoworld usually has a column called "The Week Ahead" that lists the # of games for each team. They also have lefty/righty pitcher info and which hitters it could hurt or help.

The latest one

Total Games

American League
7: BAL, BOS, CHW, DET, KC, SEA, TEX, TOR
6: CLE, ANA, MIN, NYY, OAK, TB

National League
7: ARI, COL, PHI, STL
6: ATL, CHI, CIN, FLA, HOU, LAD, MIL, NYM, PIT, SD, SF, WAS
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 06, 2008 9:38 am

jfg wrote:Really? This doesn't exist? If there is anybody from CBS Sportsline lurking the boards, please bring this back to the hitting planner. I miss this tool so much.

The league I play on Fanstar has the list when you're setting your weekly lineup, but otherwise I generally just check manually.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby jfg » Tue May 06, 2008 4:52 pm

5 wrote:
jfg wrote:You don't know how valuable it is in weekly leagues. CBS's put the amount of games-who they were playing and where they were being played all into a table at the top of the hitting planner. A tool like this is as invaluable as knowing who's getting two starts in weekly leagues.

I'm in a CBS weekly league and you're right...that info is very valuable.

Rotoworld usually has a column called "The Week Ahead" that lists the # of games for each team. They also have lefty/righty pitcher info and which hitters it could hurt or help.

The latest one

Total Games

American League
7: BAL, BOS, CHW, DET, KC, SEA, TEX, TOR
6: CLE, ANA, MIN, NYY, OAK, TB

National League
7: ARI, COL, PHI, STL
6: ATL, CHI, CIN, FLA, HOU, LAD, MIL, NYM, PIT, SD, SF, WAS

Thanks. That actually is more useful than the CBS table with the lefty and righty charts. I really appreciate it.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers