Who think Verlander is hurt? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who think Verlander is hurt?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who think Verlander is hurt?

Postby kingmike74 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:37 pm

After Jack Morris commented on Verlanders follow through and the possibility of a shoulder issue, it has me thinking.

Verlander...unload now?

Verlander...is fine?
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who think Verlander is hurt?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 05, 2008 12:45 pm

i dont think he is, but you never know. in a lot of his games, it's not like he's getting consistently shelled...he'll go 5 or 6 innings and only let up a 2 runs or less, then after 100 pitches he gets rocked and his final line looks like garbage.

i think it's a mental/conditioning issue at this point, but if an injury did pop up i wouldnt be completely surprised
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Thing is, and correct me if I'm wrong Tigers homers, but Verlander's stuff has been great in the games I have had a chance to watch. His command has been spotty, and he was left in too long on a couple of occasions, but I don't know if there is as much grounds for worry as some people think...

Therefore I vote for ... fine B-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Bronx Zoo » Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 pm

I'd trade him after his next good to very good start... He's been horrible. Make him someone else's problem. :-P
Ladies and Gents, the FFBLCafe artist formerly known as AT, and owner of The 1st Place Soda Pop Hinskes...
The Bronx Zoo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby hybrid » Tue May 06, 2008 2:39 pm

I've never been to found of his delivery, so I think it's enitrely possibly something could be wrong. Though the games I've seen he looks fine for innings at a time and then just loses it. Which makes me think he isn't hurt, but just gets out of whack with his delivery thus his location gets off track.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby pangbones » Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm

I think he's fine too. Everytime I've watched him, I've seen 5 of his starts, he's looked great for the most part. Most of the damage has come late in the games. Maybe his mechanics are off a bit, but I don't think there's anything wrong with him.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby hot4tx » Tue May 06, 2008 2:54 pm

Thog think if you get good value you unload Verlander. If no one in league want to pay good value for take risk Thog think you keep Verlander.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby slomo007 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Alright, I started him and have watched the game starting in the 5th inning. So far I've noticed that he hasn't broken 94 mph on his fastball and he has worse control than I've seen in years past. Something is very obviously wrong with him. Dead arm? Bum elbow? Bum shoulder? Who knows.....all I know is that I'm officially nervous about him. Someone with the talent that he has should not be pitching like this. He's one of the most talented pitchers I've ever seen in my lifetime. What happened to those 98-100 mph fastballs he was throwing just 8 months ago?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Philliebuster » Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 pm

His next start is vs. KC...Hochevar. I'll give him 1 more shot.

I traded McLouth for Verlander 2 weeks ago, thought I raped the other guy. Who knew I may be the goat. As the previous poster stated, the control is very off, and the fastball is not as rapid as once was.
Philliebuster
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Philliebuster wrote:His next start is vs. KC...Hochevar. I'll give him 1 more shot.

I traded McLouth for Verlander 2 weeks ago, thought I raped the other guy. Who knew I may be the goat. As the previous poster stated, the control is very off, and the fastball is not as rapid as once was.

Through 99 pitches, 58 strikes and 41 balls. That's not exactly encouraging. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers