Homer Bailey call imminenet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Homer Bailey call imminenet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Homer Bailey call imminenet?

Postby stevethumb » Mon May 05, 2008 11:40 pm

hbailey tonite went 7 IP 7 H 4 R 3 BB 7 K against a weak baltimore farm club.. got bailed out by an outfield assist and key DP

i don't see much value in bailey when he gets the call..he hasn't shown an ability to control the strike zone at the highest level
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Tue May 06, 2008 4:09 am

stevethumb wrote:i don't see much value in bailey when he gets the call..he hasn't shown an ability to control the strike zone at the highest level

He has improved his control greatly this year as his 46.1IP in 12BB shows. If by "highest level" you mean the majors, well people tend to forget he was hurt and still a pretty raw pitcher. I find it silly how easily people wrote Homer off especially considering everything about him says he was rushed and wasn't ready yet.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby RAmst23 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:51 am

hybrid wrote:
stevethumb wrote:i don't see much value in bailey when he gets the call..he hasn't shown an ability to control the strike zone at the highest level

He has improved his control greatly this year as his 46.1IP in 12BB shows. If by "highest level" you mean the majors, well people tend to forget he was hurt and still a pretty raw pitcher. I find it silly how easily people wrote Homer off especially considering everything about him says he was rushed and wasn't ready yet.

And it's not like the kid won't improve. He just turned 22 (3 days ago in fact) and has a 39/12 K/BB ratio for the year. Even in a redraft the guy can have substantial value. He's averaging more than a K an inning his last 3 starts, and he'll be an asset once called up to the majors.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby stevethumb » Tue May 06, 2008 12:48 pm

i am not writing bailey off and of course he can improve..i am saying that he has more value as a real player than he does as a fantasy one..the reds need him to eat the innings that belisle and fogg obviously can't..but in that ballpark, i do not see anything below a 4.00 ERA or 1.4 whip so i don't see him helping fantasy teams other than those in deep NL only leagues
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers