Where did the K's go FROD? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where did the K's go FROD?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby Yoda » Tue May 06, 2008 7:15 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am dead serious. You are claiming that 70% of second year pitchers regress based on your research. I'd like to see it.

Then find it. It's been posted on this site several times over the past 4 years. It's gold.

If it's been posted on this site several times over the past 4 years then obviously you have it handy. I haven't seen it and I'd like to see what this 'research' has to show by lumping all 2nd year pitchers with different age, experience, skill and talent.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue May 06, 2008 7:30 pm

I'm tired of cleaning up this crap. X-I That is all.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby NZ Eff » Tue May 06, 2008 8:15 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am dead serious. You are claiming that 70% of second year pitchers regress based on your research. I'd like to see it.

Then find it. It's been posted on this site several times over the past 4 years. It's gold.

That's laughable. It's like your posts are scripted. Silly claim. Request for proof. Either ignore or say proof has already been posted countless times, though nobody's seen it. If it's that simple, share it with the community. You also said "based on my research"; so is it work that you did, or something you read? Clearly Yoda's not the only one who hasn't heard this % thrown out before. It may very well be true, and if so, I'm interested in reading about it, because that number seems high to me. Now, I'm certain I'll get a reply about what a dullard I am, etc. etc., but the fact remains, we're dying to see it. I'd try searching your posts, but I wouldn't know which one of your 4 accounts to look at.

Both you guys are on this site all day, everyday. I've got zero interest in proving my research exists to either of you. You want to take the time to find it then fill ya boots. It should take you all of 30 seconds as it's been posted on this site several times already over the past few years.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 98)

Postby Yoda » Tue May 06, 2008 9:03 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:Then find it. It's been posted on this site several times over the past 4 years. It's gold.

That's laughable. It's like your posts are scripted. Silly claim. Request for proof. Either ignore or say proof has already been posted countless times, though nobody's seen it. If it's that simple, share it with the community. You also said "based on my research"; so is it work that you did, or something you read? Clearly Yoda's not the only one who hasn't heard this % thrown out before. It may very well be true, and if so, I'm interested in reading about it, because that number seems high to me. Now, I'm certain I'll get a reply about what a dullard I am, etc. etc., but the fact remains, we're dying to see it. I'd try searching your posts, but I wouldn't know which one of your 4 accounts to look at.

Both you guys are on this site all day, everyday. I've got zero interest in proving my research exists to either of you. You want to take the time to find it then fill ya boots. It should take you all of 30 seconds as it's been posted on this site several times already over the past few years.

I have a great paying job with a lot of freedom that allows me to spend as much time as I want on the internet. I use that time to talk about baseball and research stocks while doing my work.

You posted about this so-called 'research' multiple times. Obviously you have this handy and I cannot find it. Can you at least give me the title so I can find it? I am genuinely interested as I spend a lot of time evaluating young pitchers.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 06, 2008 9:48 pm

NZ Eff wrote:I have no such research.

Ok, just checkin'.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:55 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:I have no such research.

Ok, just checkin'.

and thats why you have a jester mask... ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby sblinyy » Tue May 06, 2008 9:56 pm

why don't you guys quit bashing NZ. There isn't even much to look at yet as far as lincecum goes, a young pitcher could blow up at any time IMO. Why don't we wait until the end of the season or at least till ASB to argue about who said who would improve or bust, because we have only a very small sample size at this point....oh, and Peace! B-)

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers