Where did the K's go FROD? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where did the K's go FROD?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby NZ Eff » Tue May 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Yoda wrote:you are obviously not serious...

you are obviously in denial.

BAA 2007 .226 BAA 2008 a whopping .261

Whip 2007 1.28 Whip 2008 1.37

Lincecum has already regressed markedly in 2 major pitching indicators of perfomance, however unlike you I'm not reading too much into 7 starts worth of stats.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BJSFAN123 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:41 pm

NZ Eff wrote:

Lincecum has already regressed markedly in 2 major pitching indicators of perfomance, however unlike you I'm not reading too much into 7 starts worth of stats.

It's a little early to look at those stats..he could dominate his next start and his BAA could go down significantly.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NZ Eff » Tue May 06, 2008 5:47 pm

BJSFAN123 wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:

It's a little early to look at those stats..he could dominate his next start and his BAA could go down significantly.

I agree. Yoda was the one that came out after 7 Lincecum starts ridiculing me for saying that he'd regress in 2008. I just showed two strong pitching performance indicators that say he has regressed.

He could walk 5 guys in his next start with 0 k's as well and his K/BB could go up significantly. Let's just wait until August at least before we start blowing our own trumpets.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guzman24 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:59 pm

NZ Eff wrote:

Have you even watched Lincecum pitch this year????

ERA's a buck and a half (2nd in the NL), he's 3rd in K's, 1 behind Peavy and 2 behind Santana and he's 4-1 on an absoloutely SH$TE Giant's team who could easily lose 100 games this year.

Ya ya ya, i know, just friggin stats, but you know what...... He looks a lot more polished, he's using all 3 of his pitches no matter where he is in the count and making hitters look foolish.

But ya, I see regression for sure :-S

Dude, I'm sorry, but some of your posts and opinions are just plain wack LOL
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby NZ Eff » Tue May 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Guzman24 wrote:Have you even watched Lincecum pitch this year????

ERA's a buck and a half (2nd in the NL), he's 3rd in K's, 1 behind Peavy and 2 behind Santana and he's 4-1 on an absoloutely SH$TE Giant's team who could easily lose 100 games this year.

Ya ya ya, i know, just friggin stats, but you know what...... He looks a lot more polished, he's using all 3 of his pitches no matter where he is in the count and making hitters look foolish.

But ya, I see regression for sure :-S

Dude, I'm sorry, but some of your posts and opinions are just plain wack LOL

My comments about Lincecum were made before the season started. All I said was I think it is likely Lincecum will regress on his 2007 numbers in 2008 based on my research that shows around 70% of second year pitchers do regress due to familiarity.

I've not made one negative comment about him since the season started and yes I have seen a number of his starts this year and he does look very good. Still, his whip and BAA are poor so bad luck or not, nothing I've seen has convinced me that I'll be wrong about him. Time will tell and we'll all be experts in September. The real experts are those that predict these things in March ;-)
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue May 06, 2008 6:42 pm

NZ Eff wrote:All I said was I think it is likely Lincecum will regress on his 2007 numbers in 2008 based on my research that shows around 70% of second year pitchers do regress due to familiarity.

Do you have any evidence to support this claim?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NZ Eff » Tue May 06, 2008 6:52 pm

Yoda wrote:
NZ Eff wrote:All I said was I think it is likely Lincecum will regress on his 2007 numbers in 2008 based on my research that shows around 70% of second year pitchers do regress due to familiarity.

you are obviously not serious
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue May 06, 2008 6:54 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Yoda wrote:

you are obviously not serious

I am dead serious. You are claiming that 70% of second year pitchers regress based on your research. I'd like to see it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NZ Eff » Tue May 06, 2008 7:00 pm

Yoda wrote:I am dead serious. You are claiming that 70% of second year pitchers regress based on your research. I'd like to see it.

Then find it. It's been posted on this site several times over the past 4 years. It's gold.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm

NZ Eff wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am dead serious. You are claiming that 70% of second year pitchers regress based on your research. I'd like to see it.

Then find it. It's been posted on this site several times over the past 4 years. It's gold.

That's laughable. It's like your posts are scripted. Silly claim. Request for proof. Either ignore or say proof has already been posted countless times, though nobody's seen it. If it's that simple, share it with the community. You also said "based on my research"; so is it work that you did, or something you read? Clearly Yoda's not the only one who hasn't heard this % thrown out before. It may very well be true, and if so, I'm interested in reading about it, because that number seems high to me. Now, I'm certain I'll get a reply about what a dullard I am, etc. etc., but the fact remains, we're dying to see it. I'd try searching your posts, but I wouldn't know which one of your 4 accounts to look at.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers