Where did the K's go FROD? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where did the K's go FROD?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby kingmike74 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 am

I am getting a little worried. FROD has only 10 K's in almost 14 inning putched with 9 BB.

I do not care how many saves he has, something seems wrong still. Sell high?
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2730
(Past Year: 29)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Deck

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby J35J » Mon May 05, 2008 8:58 am

He doesn't throw as hard as he used to. I don't think it's injury related...maybe injury prevention. He's still a stud but I'm not sure we'll see those high K totals we are used to out of him. Maybe someone in or around LA can chime in?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 358)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 05, 2008 2:01 pm

K-Rod had been throwing on a sprained ankle since last Summer but for the most part it's been fine and he sprained the other ankle at the beginning of this year. Thankfully, the most recent injury hasn't been a pressing enough issue to see him go to the DL and it seems K-Rod will be fine for the long run. However, K-Rod's been more cautious in his delivery, given the brashness of it, and so we're talking about 2-4 mph off his velocity. Thus, I wouldn't expect K-Rod to justify his draft position, given his ratios could be underwhelming, but he'll still rack up 40-45 saves as long as the ankle holds up just fine.
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby kingmike74 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 pm

What closers right now would see as a $5+ increase over FROD?
"I can't wait to put the uniform on each day" ~ Bobby Cox
kingmike74
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2730
(Past Year: 29)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Deck

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby Yoda » Mon May 05, 2008 3:15 pm

kingmike74 wrote:What closers right now would see as a $5+ increase over FROD?


It's Krod not Frod. Also wrong forum.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby Guaranteed Loser » Mon May 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Yoda wrote:
kingmike74 wrote:What closers right now would see as a $5+ increase over FROD?


It's Krod not Frod. Also wrong forum.


It might just be me, but I assumed that the OP is calling him Frod because he feels he no longer warrants the "K" in Krod.

Krod does sound a bit better though :)
Image
Thanks to Idahofan for the sweet graphic!
Guaranteed Loser
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 263
Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby NZ Eff » Mon May 05, 2008 5:36 pm

The high save totals have been a fluke. One because of the amount of save ops. and two because several saves he did get could just as easily have been blown (Hunter saved his a#$% against Sexson for one). He hasn't got as much on his fastball so he's throwing his slider more and as hitters are sitting on that he's walking more as a result. I predicted in March that he was the stud closer to stay away from and despite the high save totals so far I've seen nothing to change my mind.
NZ Eff
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1480
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby Yoda » Mon May 05, 2008 5:41 pm

NZ Eff wrote:The high save totals have been a fluke. One because of the amount of save ops. and two because several saves he did get could just as easily have been blown (Hunter saved his a#$% against Sexson for one). He hasn't got as much on his fastball so he's throwing his slider more and as hitters are sitting on that he's walking more as a result. I predicted in March that he was the stud closer to stay away from and despite the high save totals so far I've seen nothing to change my mind.


But didn't you say that there is a strong correlation between SV and team's success? Wouldn't you want Krod since the Halos have the best record in the division? :-?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby The Bronx Zoo » Mon May 05, 2008 5:53 pm

He's probably a moderate sell-high at this point considering mild injury risk and his enormous reputation/team, but don't sell him for anything less than a mugging. His risk is still low... ;-D
Ladies and Gents, the FFBLCafe artist formerly known as AT, and owner of The 1st Place Soda Pop Hinskes...
The Bronx Zoo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 11
Joined: 5 May 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Beach, NY

Re: Where did the K's go FROD?

Postby chipper » Mon May 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Guaranteed Loser wrote:It might just be me, but I assumed that the OP is calling him Frod because he feels he no longer warrants the "K" in Krod.

As in "Fraud"
chipper
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1567
Joined: 8 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 10:07 hours
(and 90 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact