chipper for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

chipper for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: chipper for real?

Postby mtxdevil » Mon May 05, 2008 2:02 pm

thomasmore wrote:Sorry to all you Chipper owners but he seriously needs to cool down and go on DL.

A guy in my league has him, Furcal, and Utley... (oh ya and now granderson)

In our points league he's so far ahead, he can bench all his players for a month and no one would be able to catch up to him still.

ok... lol
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mde » Mon May 05, 2008 3:19 pm

bigdawg21 wrote:is chipper going to keep this up? would morneau for chipper be a good trade?

Let's just say if chipper could play a full season, he would be a perennial first round pick.
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 05, 2008 3:32 pm

mde wrote:
bigdawg21 wrote:is chipper going to keep this up? would morneau for chipper be a good trade?

Let's just say if chipper could play a full season, he would be a perennial first round pick.

Ill agree to the extend of perennial late 2nd round pick, but that is mostly because your scenario will never come 100% true ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rb11 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Chipper has the league's best average since like 1999........yea he's real
rb11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Relentless » Mon May 05, 2008 7:36 pm

zhutou wrote:i'd say chipper jones is the best hitter in the league when he's healthy.

I feel the same way, also goes for Rich Harden. He has the sickest stuff, but always injured.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:46 pm

I wouldn't go quite that far with the Rich Harden comparison...at least Chipper is out there for more than half a season every year. Plus, Chipper used to be able to stay healthy when he was younger...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tmlfan4ever » Mon May 05, 2008 9:22 pm

bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:I wouldn't go quite that far with the Rich Harden comparison...at least Chipper is out there for more than half a season every year. Plus, Chipper used to be able to stay healthy when he was younger...

Agreed. He hasn't hit fewer than 20 HR ever. That throws the Harden comparison out the window.
tmlfan4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Relentless » Tue May 06, 2008 12:06 pm

tmlfan4ever wrote:
bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:I wouldn't go quite that far with the Rich Harden comparison...at least Chipper is out there for more than half a season every year. Plus, Chipper used to be able to stay healthy when he was younger...

Agreed. He hasn't hit fewer than 20 HR ever. That throws the Harden comparison out the window.

I'm not comparing there healthiness or career numbers. All I'm saying is that I feel Harden is one of the best pitchers out there whenever he plays, and the same goes for Chipper. But unfortunately, they do get injured some time a year (I know that Harden is injured WAY more and Chip is getting older), and doesn't get the chance to show their full potential for an entire season. They would have monster numbers if they could.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Relentless wrote:
tmlfan4ever wrote:

I'm not comparing there healthiness or career numbers. All I'm saying is that I feel Harden is one of the best pitchers out there whenever he plays, and the same goes for Chipper. But unfortunately, they do get injured some time a year (I know that Harden is injured WAY more and Chip is getting older), and doesn't get the chance to show their full potential for an entire season. They would have monster numbers if they could.

I think Chipper and Ben Sheets would be a better comparison...We've never seen what Harden can do over the course of more than half a season...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates