don't cut him your crazy
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Figgins

Postby thomasmore » Sat May 31, 2008 5:24 pm

yanks924 wrote:don't cut him your crazy

I know, I don't want to, but I have Bruce and Rowand as OFs now and Pedro is coming back from DL. Someone has to go. I may drop one of my SP like Laffey or whoever. I haven't decided yet.
thomasmore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mashug » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:06 pm

thomasmore wrote:

I know, I don't want to, but I have Bruce and Rowand as OFs now and Pedro is coming back from DL. Someone has to go. I may drop one of my SP like Laffey or whoever. I haven't decided yet.

All this so you can hold on to Pedro? Not a good move. Bruce got off to a huge start and has big time talent, but I wouldn't dump Figgins because of him. He's still a rookie and still unproven.

I'd be shocked if Pedro made it through the season as an effective pitcher. Figgins will come around and you'll be very sorry you dropped him. I recently traded for him, and I'm still happy I did it. Be patient and drop someone else. What does the rest of your team look like?
Mashug
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Precise » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:03 pm

it sucks if you own him in a roto league. But if you own him in a h2h league, its a positive that the angels are giving him time to heal. All that matters is that he's truckin' in September (during h2h playoffs).
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Relentless » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Precise wrote:it sucks if you own him in a roto league. But if you own him in a h2h league, its a positive that the angels are giving him time to heal. All that matters is that he's truckin' in September (during h2h playoffs).

Huh? He actually killed my team during the last week of the playoffs which was the finals for my league. I can still remember he went hitless in his last 7 games. Taking his average from around .350 to .330.

Other than that though, he was a near-elite player last year when he played.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Precise » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Relentless wrote:
Precise wrote:it sucks if you own him in a roto league. But if you own him in a h2h league, its a positive that the angels are giving him time to heal. All that matters is that he's truckin' in September (during h2h playoffs).

Huh? He actually killed my team during the last week of the playoffs which was the finals for my league. I can still remember he went hitless in his last 7 games. Taking his average from around .350 to .330.

I didn't guarantee that he will carry your team in the playoffs or even make positive contributions. My point is that in a H2H league, I'd rather have him go on the DL now and get healthy instead of playing with nagging injuries.
Precise
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Relentless » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Precise wrote:
Relentless wrote:

I didn't guarantee that he will carry your team in the playoffs or even make positive contributions. My point is that in a H2H league, I'd rather have him go on the DL now and get healthy instead of playing with nagging injuries.

Oh my bad, I thought you were making a point there that this guy is absolute money in September, in which he was not last year.

I completely agree with you, I'd rather have a healthy Figgins that is stealing bases and averaging 2-3 hits a game than someone who is playing ineffectively.
Relentless
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thomasmore » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Mashug wrote:
thomasmore wrote:

All this so you can hold on to Pedro? Not a good move. Bruce got off to a huge start and has big time talent, but I wouldn't dump Figgins because of him. He's still a rookie and still unproven.

I'd be shocked if Pedro made it through the season as an effective pitcher. Figgins will come around and you'll be very sorry you dropped him. I recently traded for him, and I'm still happy I did it. Be patient and drop someone else. What does the rest of your team look like?

Yea, I still have him. But once he comes back from the DL I would have to drop someone. My benchers are Helton, Edgar, and Bruce/Church
I'm leaning toward Edgar since I have Theriot as my main SS.
thomasmore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates