Figgins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Figgins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Figgins

Postby mtxdevil » Mon May 05, 2008 2:03 pm

thomasmore wrote:It'll probably be 2-3 weeks to a month before he'll get back and return to form.

If he was a horse they probably would have put a bullet in his head already.

troll? :-t

Where did you get any of this from?
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 05, 2008 3:09 pm

mtxdevil wrote:
thomasmore wrote:It'll probably be 2-3 weeks to a month before he'll get back and return to form.

I was wondering the same thing - is this wildly speculative or from an unnamed credible source? :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Oatsdad » Tue May 06, 2008 10:35 am

mtxdevil wrote:

"Thomasmore" is the same guy who started the idiotic "Ichiro sucks" thread. Dunno if he's a troll or just a bonehead - or both - but I wouldn't listen to anything from him... :-t
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Justblaze » Tue May 06, 2008 10:59 am

Rotoworld:
Chone Figgins (hamstring) is expected to start running on Tuesday.
Figgins played catch before Monday's game and manager Mike Scioscia said Figgins could be used in an emergency situation as soon as Wednesday. He's expected to re-join the team after Thursday's off day.

Take your time Figgy. I don't want you being on the DL like Arod.
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby rsolsky2 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 am

Guys relax. I went over Figgy's house yesterday and gave him a manly hammy massage and all is well

;-D
rsolsky2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thomasmore » Tue May 06, 2008 2:09 pm

Oatsdad wrote:
mtxdevil wrote:

"Thomasmore" is the same guy who started the idiotic "Ichiro sucks" thread. Dunno if he's a troll or just a bonehead - or both - but I wouldn't listen to anything from him... :-t

So I guess all the ESPN and FSN fantasy analysis who said he is sucking are boneheads too. Maybe you should go submit your resume and get paid 6 figures to talk about how not a bonehead you are and how batting .250 is consider fantasy gold. Good luck spinning .250 to a .350 and concinving people that .250 doesn't suck. After that maybe you should become a lawyer and convince people that 20 murders isn't really murder or that Huge Jackman is really a woman. Hell, you should run for president!
thomasmore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thomasmore » Tue May 06, 2008 2:14 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
mtxdevil wrote:

I was wondering the same thing - is this wildly speculative or from an unnamed credible source? :-?

Figgy is useless without his speed not to mention he has a hammy injury. Depending on the severity and the location it can take up to 2 weeks or a month or two or three. Reports are out saying the pull it isn't in the middle, but more to the sides. This will significally reduce his recovery time but it'll still take 2-3 weeks before he'll be back to normal: IE base stealing, trying to beat out a single, etc. This will affect his performance fantasy wise since he won't be as explosive or exciting as he was before the injury. If he gets rushed back too soon he'll pull an A-Rod and go out for weeks.
thomasmore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ivanhack » Tue May 06, 2008 2:43 pm

cbs.sportsline

Chone Figgins, 3B ANA

News: The Sports Xchange reports that Angels INF Chone Figgins (mild strain right hamstring) has not been cleared to start running yet and will probably not play until this weekend at the earliest. Figgins injured himself when he scored from third base on a ground ball Saturday. His wide slide took him into the legs of home-plate umpire Paul Emmel. "I thought it was a cramp at first," Figgins said. "But it didn't go away like a cramp would."

Analysis: Hopefully you didn't start Figgins for Fantasy Week 6 (May 5-11), but it looks like there's a chance he could be ready for Fantasy Week (May 7-13). When healthy, he's a must-start in Fantasy thanks to his elite-level contributions in batting average and stolen bases. (Updated 5-6-08)
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Oatsdad » Tue May 06, 2008 3:04 pm

thomasmore wrote:So I guess all the ESPN and FSN fantasy analysis who said he is sucking are boneheads too. Maybe you should go submit your resume and get paid 6 figures to talk about how not a bonehead you are and how batting .250 is consider fantasy gold. Good luck spinning .250 to a .350 and concinving people that .250 doesn't suck. After that maybe you should become a lawyer and convince people that 20 murders isn't really murder or that Huge Jackman is really a woman. Hell, you should run for president!

So this confirms it: you ARE a troll... :-t
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thomasmore » Sat May 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Well, figgy back on DL who would have thought. I knew he'd be out for at least month. I'm thinking about cutting him since I managed to get Bruce and I can't seem to deal him for anyone in my 10 man league.
thomasmore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates