Roto?? help!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roto?? help!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roto?? help!!!

Postby leadoff1 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:15 pm

Can anyone explain to me how the Roto scoring works?? I have never understood it. :-/
"The game is scheduled, We gotta play it, Why not win?"
leadoff1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nuclear29 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:25 pm

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

In a 10-team Rotisserie league, your team is awarded points according to its order of finish in each statistical category. Your team's point totals for each category are then added together for your team's overall score, and standings are based on these overall scores. The first-place team in a statistical category (e.g., Home Runs) gets 10 points, second-place 9 points, and so on with the last-place team in the category getting 1 point. If two teams are tied within a category, each team receives an average of the total points available; so if two team tie for first place in a category, each team gets 9.5 points rather than 10 to the first-place team and 9 to the second-place team.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:28 pm

Straight from the Yahoo rules page:

In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category, and are totaled to determine an overall score and place.
So, if you are in a 12-team league, the team with the most home runs will receive 12 points, the team with the second most will receive 11 points, etc. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due -- i.e., in the above example, if two teams were tied for first in homers, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

Therefore, the maximum number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories within a league multiplied by the number of teams in the league. Similarly, the lowest number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories multiplied by one, which is the lowest score that can be achieved in any category.

So, if you were playing in a league with 12 teams and 12 scoring categories, the lowest point total possible is 12 [12 * 1 = 12] and the highest is 144 [12 * 12 = 144].

Rankings within the individual scoring categories (HR, RBI, etc.) are based on the cumulative stats earned by all active players during the season and not on any individual day or game.

Therefore, the overall ranking of your team will rise and fall depending on how it performs relative to the performance of other league members. So, the phenomenon of "losing points" can be explained as your rank falling in one or more of the statistical categories used in your league.

That should take care of it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby leadoff1 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:28 pm

yes, thank you nuclear that helped, i think i understand it completely now. i just remember last year was the first time i was in one of them leagues and i didnt know how the scoring worked or anytihing so i was so confused and took like 8th place and i didnt want that to happen again. Thanks again
"The game is scheduled, We gotta play it, Why not win?"
leadoff1
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers