Draft question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft question

Postby Wild-heart » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:45 pm

I am in a second year 12 team keeper league that drafts tonight. I have the sixth pick. I kept over Tejada, Giambi, Hudson, Nevin and A. Boone (His injury wasn't disclosed until the day of the deadline to have our keepers in.) The top 5 in the draft likely will be Guerrero, Schmidt, Wells, IRod and Brian Giles. Barring the case that one of those isn't taken ahead of me. Who out of this list would you take next?

Jeff Kent
Rafael Furcal
Mike Lowell
Kevin Brown
Carl Crawford
Roy Oswalt
Hank Blalock
Aubrey Huff

I'm leaning towards Huff because of multiple position eligibility (1b, 3b, OF). Any comments are appreciated.
Wild-heart
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft question

Postby ramble2 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:03 pm

Wild-heart wrote:I am in a second year 12 team keeper league that drafts tonight. I have the sixth pick. I kept over Tejada, Giambi, Hudson, Nevin and A. Boone (His injury wasn't disclosed until the day of the deadline to have our keepers in.) The top 5 in the draft likely will be Guerrero, Schmidt, Wells, IRod and Brian Giles. Barring the case that one of those isn't taken ahead of me. Who out of this list would you take next?

Jeff Kent
Rafael Furcal
Mike Lowell
Kevin Brown
Carl Crawford
Roy Oswalt
Hank Blalock
Aubrey Huff

I'm leaning towards Huff because of multiple position eligibility (1b, 3b, OF). Any comments are appreciated.

Unless I'm mistaken, I doubt Huff will qualify for 3B in most leagues (though your league may be different.

Guerrero
Wells

Kent

Schmidt
Giles

Brown
Blalock
Huff
I Rod
Lowell
Oswalt

Crawford
Furcal

*Note* Crawford and Furcal are tricky to rank. Stolen bases are like saves - you have to decide when to go for them and make sure you get a solid SB guy when you can. SBs, to my mind, are the trickiest part of the draft.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Wild-heart » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:07 pm

Huff does keep his third base eligibility in ESPN (this is an ESPN league). You only have to make five appearances at a position to qualify.
Wild-heart
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers