Adjusting Yahoo H2H Records - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adjusting Yahoo H2H Records

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adjusting Yahoo H2H Records

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri May 02, 2008 4:27 pm

An interesting situation came up in my main league this year (it's a money league).

First off this is a H2H standard 5x5 Yahoo league. In week 1 we found that the commish made the league with weekly lineup changes, rather than daily (which we had always used in the past). The commish tried but said that there was no way that he could change it back to daily moves since we had already drafted. As a league we decided to start a new Yahoo league using the same rosters and daily changes this time. The only reason many agreed to do this was under the condition that we would keep our records from week 1. Now that we have started this league (and stopped using the other) he cannot figure out how to add the records.

In short, we have records from weeks 2-4 (we're in week 5 now) and want to add our records from week 1 (from the other league) to these totals.

The commish still has not figured out how to do this. I have never actually commished a Yahoo league and don't really know what kind of control you are given. Does anyone have any idea how we might go about fixing this?
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adjusting Yahoo H2H Records

Postby JoshExley » Fri May 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Man, I don't think it's possible..
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri May 02, 2008 4:32 pm

I know that under Settings you have the option of which week to start the scoring on. He should have chosen to start it in week 1, then just made sure we all had the same starting lineups we used during the first week (since it was weekly changes at the time). Instead he started it in week 2 with the idea that he would be able to manually adjust our records.

Is there anyway he could switch the start date for the scoring from week 2 back to week 1?
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JoshExley » Fri May 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Not anymore.
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri May 02, 2008 4:38 pm

JoshExley wrote:Not anymore.

You seem to have a pretty good idea of what he can and can't control. What powers exactly does a Yahoo commisioner have?
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JoshExley » Fri May 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Once the season starts he can:

Change max player acquisitions & trades for season
alter trade protests
last date to trade player
waiver time
IP per week
waiver priority
date current players on waiver come off
change commissioner

Might be it...
JoshExley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rb11 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:14 pm

I would just keep track of the scores and at the end of the year if it caused a team that would otherwise be in the playoffs be out of it they could just do a whole team trade swap. I know it's extreme but it mite be your only option. If you have a trade deadline though I have no idea what you can do, unless you can change the trade deadline.
rb11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pangbones » Sat May 03, 2008 2:17 am

One of the few things I don't like about yahoo is the lack of commish controls. You can't go back. The only thing you can do is like the previous poster said, keep track of it yourself. Add the week 1 scores yourself in your head to the final standings. If the seedings change because of that, then you'll have to ignore the yahoo playoff schedule, and use your own. This can be done, you just wouldn't be able to use statracker and see the H2H matchups each week, cuz the matchups they'd have wouldn't be right. And then you may have problems with pickups, and also it could affect someones yahoo Iprofile as well.

I think you'd be better off just throwing out week 1. It sucks if you won that week, but it's the easiest way to solve the problem.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Sat May 03, 2008 12:39 pm

pangbones wrote:I think you'd be better off just throwing out week 1. It sucks if you won that week, but it's the easiest way to solve the problem.

Yeah I actually won Week 1: 9-0-1 so not scoring it is a pretty big hit for me. Especially since I hate to give ground like that in a money league.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers