Putz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Putz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Putz

Postby converge241 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:09 pm

May 2 Putz, who blew a 2-1, 10th-inning lead Thursday on two walks and two hits, said he has no idea where is fastball is going and likely will pitch in mop-up situations to improve command, the Seattle Times reports.
Recommendation: Putz hasn't been demoted and is still the closer, though in a dual role he won't be available for all save situations. "I just don't have a feel for (the fastball)," he said. "I don't know if it's just being rusty or whatever, but my rhythm's not there and nothing feels like it's in sync." Putz has allowed three runs in four save situations this season after allowing seven runs in 42 save chances last season. His two blown saves equal the number he had last year. Putz would really have to stink to lose his closer job. The Mariners, as they found out when Putz was injured, don't really have a more reliable option.
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 99)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Putz

Postby misterigloo » Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 pm

thats bad,..mmk
Let's go Oliver Perez and his METS!
misterigloo
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Putz

Postby PavanoAllstars » Sat May 03, 2008 7:30 am

he's healthy, just needs more work to get his control in order... he came back into the role with NO rehab appearances.... he's going to have some of these until he's back into game shape
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Injuries & Player Updates