Gallardo Has Torn ACL!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Gallardo Has Torn ACL!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Gallardo Has Torn ACL!!!!

Postby Spectrum » Fri May 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Carmona is "struggling" at 3-1 with a 2.73 ERA? And while McGowan's only 1-2, he has a solid 3.57 ERA with 28 Ks in 35 IP...

Carmona's struggling point is his 1.73 WHIP. I don't know how he managed to keep his ERA down so low. In his last 4 starts, he's given up 12 baserunners (4 BB), 13 (4 BB), 8, (1 BB, only outing of the year under 4 BB), and 10 (8 BB!!). For the year, his K:BB is 13:26. Either his ERA and wins will catch up to his lack of control, or he will snap out of it and get back to where he was last year. P.S. ranked 665 in Yahoo.[/quote]

...sinker...king of the double play ball...How does he get dropped at all? yea he's walking alot of people, but that will chance when he settles in. But if you aren't picking him up, you crazy.

back on topic. This SUCKS. I traded Jeff Francis/Matt Cain/Mark Reynolds to get Gallardo and AJ Burnett and open up a roster spot, right at the end of Reynolds' hot streak. I'm glad I was able to pull something for Reynolds. But I would love to have either Cain or Francis back! This kills my pitching staff. I went with a lot of lower tier pitching and loaded up my offense in the draft/trades.
Spectrum
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guzman24 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:46 am

WOW, thats harsh. Feel bad for Gallardo.

If I'm not mistaken didn't he come back and pitch after the collision??? 8-o

Tough kid
Guzman24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:24 pm

I'm officially leaving this thread to go sit in the corner of my room, suck my thumb and rock myself to sleep...

Oh, what could have been...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bryan1327 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:50 pm

I have him in a keeper league, as one of my keepers last season, and waiting for Yahoo to put the "DL" by his name so I can pick up some one else. When do you think yahoo will do the DL listing?

Now I am even wondering if I should drop him or keep him for next season...We keep 12 and I try to keep at least 8-9 hitters and 3-4 pitchers. Here are my pitchers that I have already..Volquez, Danks, Bannister, Lincecum, C Hamels, Cueto, Vazquez and Gallardo..I kept Hamels, Lincecum, and Gallardo from last season..Thanks.
"I am a shining example...of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: at home listening to hair metal...scouring the internet for baseball stuff

Postby The_Natural » Sat May 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Yahoo put Gallardo on the DL now.
The_Natural
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun May 04, 2008 10:53 am

bryan1327 wrote:I have him in a keeper league, as one of my keepers last season, and waiting for Yahoo to put the "DL" by his name so I can pick up some one else. When do you think yahoo will do the DL listing?

Now I am even wondering if I should drop him or keep him for next season...We keep 12 and I try to keep at least 8-9 hitters and 3-4 pitchers. Here are my pitchers that I have already..Volquez, Danks, Bannister, Lincecum, C Hamels, Cueto, Vazquez and Gallardo..I kept Hamels, Lincecum, and Gallardo from last season..Thanks.

Gallardo suffered a leg injury, not an arm injury. Moreover, it was his right leg, which is less important mechanics-wise than his left, since he's a right-handed pitcher. He won't be like Liriano with an arm injury; Gallardo will pick up in 2009 right where he left off this year. Definitely keep Hamels, Lince, and Gallardo, and maybe one of the Reds pitchers if they seriously impress by the end of the year.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby anti elian » Sun May 04, 2008 11:01 am

Neato Torpedo wrote:
bryan1327 wrote:I have him in a keeper league, as one of my keepers last season, and waiting for Yahoo to put the "DL" by his name so I can pick up some one else. When do you think yahoo will do the DL listing?

Gallardo suffered a leg injury, not an arm injury. Moreover, it was his right leg, which is less important mechanics-wise than his left, since he's a right-handed pitcher. He won't be like Liriano with an arm injury; Gallardo will pick up in 2009 right where he left off this year. Definitely keep Hamels, Lince, and Gallardo, and maybe one of the Reds pitchers if they seriously impress by the end of the year.

I agree, but you have to assume that it will take him a little while to get his stuff back particularly his control because of how long he'll be away from the mound.
anti elian
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 am

He'll have recovered in plenty of time to be in full game shape next season. The Brewers management will probably have him play a little winter ball in December and/or January to get him ready, barring any setbacks in his rehab.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates