Miguel Cabrera & 40 HRs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera & 40 HRs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miguel Cabrera & 40 HRs

Postby YerInUrine » Fri May 02, 2008 10:20 am

Does anyone still think MCab can hit 40ish HRs? I have him and Wright so MCab is my 1b. I was wondering if anyone thinks he can put up top tier 1b like power numbers so I can justify him being my starting 1b.
Last edited by YerInUrine on Mon May 05, 2008 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Migel Cabrera & 40 HRs

Postby foeplay » Fri May 02, 2008 10:26 am

YerInUrine wrote:Does anyone still think MCab can hit 40ish HRs? I have him and Wright so MCab is my 1b. I was wondering if anyone thinks he can put up top tier 1b like power numbers so I can justify him being my starting 1b.

He already is a top tier 1b. He's never hit that many in one season in his career so why would you expect that many all of a sudden? Miggy is a great hitter that contributes in many ways, which means he looks for more than just teeing off every at bat. Just my 2 cents.
foeplay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri May 02, 2008 10:28 am

foeplay wrote:
YerInUrine wrote:Does anyone still think MCab can hit 40ish HRs? I have him and Wright so MCab is my 1b. I was wondering if anyone thinks he can put up top tier 1b like power numbers so I can justify him being my starting 1b.

He's never hit that many in his career so why would you expect that many all of a sudden? Miggy is a great hitter, which means he looks for more than just teeing off every at bat. Just my 2 cents.

Not sure how you can say that he will never hit that many. The kid is only 24 and already has multiple 30+ HR seasons. It takes some time to adjust to leagues and so far it doesn't look like he will hit 40 this season. However, he still has a chance to hit 40 this year and in the future.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby markj11 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:29 am

foeplay wrote:

He already is a top tier 1b. He's never hit that many in one season in his career so why would you expect that many all of a sudden? Miggy is a great hitter that contributes in many ways, which means he looks for more than just teeing off every at bat. Just my 2 cents.

I say 35, is that 40ish?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BJSFAN123 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:47 am

He's on pace for his usual 35 or so HR's right now, I have no doubt he will hit 40 at some point in his career...possibly even this season.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Fri May 02, 2008 1:05 pm

I think Miggy will hit 40 dingers this season. He has hit 6 already, is on pace for 30s, and hasn't even gotten hot yet. He will go through a torrid hot streak or three that will pad his homer numbers greatly. 40 seems to me to ge a likelyhood, heck 50 cannot be ruled out.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acon44 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Miggy is one of my favorite players and I watch him extensively.

Nobody has mentioned yet, that he lost like 15-20 lbs in the offseason and is in the best shape of his career. Watching him play this year, he looks very, very strong. I've heard the announcers say at least 3 times this year how almost any hitter wouldn't have been able to hit certain pitches he is hitting out of the park.

Also, like somebody else said, believe it or not Miggy has not had one his hot streaks yet either. Believe me you will realize when he does, he'll hit 3 or 4 hrs in a week, and if/when he does that he'll be on his way to a 40hr pace. I'm not saying he will def. hit 40hrs, but I have a feeling he has a real good shot of getting there this year, and in that lineup just sick back and enjoy his production.

With that said, I don't get how you said you are trying to justify playing him at 1b. He could hit 20hrs and be well worth starting at 1b. He's a 1st rounder for a reason, baring injury, the guy is almost a lock to hit .315-30-120, don't think about it anymore and don't worry about just the hr category he is a monster in every other category also, excluding sbs.
acon44
College Coach
College Coach

Postby YerInUrine » Fri May 02, 2008 2:03 pm

Just what I wanted to hear. Im happy if he puts up a sub par Pujols season.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby markj11 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:18 pm

moochman wrote:I think Miggy will hit 40 dingers this season. He has hit 6 already, is on pace for 30s, and hasn't even gotten hot yet. He will go through a torrid hot streak or three that will pad his homer numbers greatly. 40 seems to me to ge a likelyhood, heck 50 cannot be ruled out.

:-? This was pretty much his worst April ever, across the board in all cats. Also, his hot streaks have gotten him 9 HR in a month once and 8 once.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby YerInUrine » Fri May 02, 2008 3:20 pm

markj11 wrote:I say 35, is that 40ish?

35 is 40ish to me. Im still happy
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor