Mario Kart- Wii - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Mario Kart- Wii

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mario Kart- Wii

Postby Field » Fri May 09, 2008 4:47 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I bought GTA this week, so Mario Kart will have to hold off for a while. I am a bit skeptical about steering with the wiimote as the motion controls seems to not be tight enough to be able to drive well.

Mario Kart allows you to use three different controllers:

-Wii Mote with the nunchuck controller attachment
-Wii Wheel
-GameCube controllers

I prefer the GC controller, but all three are solid options.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Field » Sat May 17, 2008 9:07 pm

The bikes are cheap :-t . I don't know why the added a motor cycle to the game when the game is titled Mario "Kart". The bikes are deadly on straight aways, you can pop a wheely and really move - it's pretty much an unfair advantage against all of the other karts. The problem is that they are really not fun at all to drive (due to the lack of power-sliding ability) so I just stick with the more standard karts. I still do very good online (7000+ points) but I know that to hang with the elite guys (8000+) I'll probably have to convert to the bike :-t .
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby abrage22 » Sun May 18, 2008 1:32 am

Field wrote:The bikes are cheap :-t . I don't know why the added a motor cycle to the game when the game is titled Mario "Kart". The bikes are deadly on straight aways, you can pop a wheely and really move - it's pretty much an unfair advantage against all of the other karts. The problem is that they are really not fun at all to drive (due to the lack of power-sliding ability) so I just stick with the more standard karts. I still do very good online (7000+ points) but I know that to hang with the elite guys (8000+) I'll probably have to convert to the bike :-t .

well then just use a bike. i prefer the bullet bike. the karts aren't even as fun as the bikes IMO. but to me there isn't much of a difference. karts are usually just as fast. and i like the bikes drifting more. it doesn't go half ways across the road to slide :-P
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Field » Mon May 19, 2008 3:51 pm

abrage22 wrote:
Field wrote:The bikes are cheap :-t . I don't know why the added a motor cycle to the game when the game is titled Mario "Kart". The bikes are deadly on straight aways, you can pop a wheely and really move - it's pretty much an unfair advantage against all of the other karts. The problem is that they are really not fun at all to drive (due to the lack of power-sliding ability) so I just stick with the more standard karts. I still do very good online (7000+ points) but I know that to hang with the elite guys (8000+) I'll probably have to convert to the bike :-t .

well then just use a bike. i prefer the bullet bike. the karts aren't even as fun as the bikes IMO. but to me there isn't much of a difference. karts are usually just as fast. and i like the bikes drifting more. it doesn't go half ways across the road to slide :-P

Wow, I feel completely the opposite. I guess I'm just use to the Game Cube power sliding which I find to be the best part of the game. I really don't even enjoy using the bike at all. The Bikes are much faster on the straightaways due to the wheelies, and it's really not even close - a big flaw in the game IMO.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon May 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Field wrote:
abrage22 wrote:

Wow, I feel completely the opposite. I guess I'm just use to the Game Cube power sliding which I find to be the best part of the game. I really don't even enjoy using the bike at all. The Bikes are much faster on the straightaways due to the wheelies, and it's really not even close - a big flaw in the game IMO.

I agree completely ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby abrage22 » Mon May 19, 2008 5:10 pm

i actually like the bikes drifting better also. the karts have the best drift, but to me it seems the better they say the drift is the less i like it.
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 22, 2008 7:02 pm

This game is tons of fun I stink at drifting but whatever
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 am

Awesome game. How do you unlock tracks??
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:57 am

Yoda wrote:Awesome game. How do you unlock tracks??

You have to get at least the bronze cup on each of the first two cups (either retro or new), for the third one to show up and then so-on. I haven't played it from the beginning since I bought it months ago, but I'm pretty sure this is what you have to do. Then, when you beat it on all the levels (50cc, 100cc and 150cc), you will get the mirror tracks - they are fun, but very hard when you get the normal ones stuck in your brain and then they flip them!

Have fun man, it's a truly awesome game ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NorthSider2 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 pm

This game is so fun. One of my buddies has it and I've played it online. I kept loosing to this guy with a Japan flag next to his head.
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games