Rays will win AL East in the next three years - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rays will win AL East in the next three years

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rays will win AL East in the next three years

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:41 am

joshheines wrote:My prediction is looking good so far. I am so smart. SMRT!

bump it in Sept.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:59 am

Crap I didn't realize the baseball season ended in June. Why didn't anyone tell me? :-/
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:06 am

joshheines wrote:My prediction is looking good so far. I am so smart. SMRT!

Easy big fellow. As good as the Rays have played, it is still only July 3rd. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Yoda wrote:Crap I didn't realize the baseball season ended in June. Why didn't anyone tell me? :-/

Yeah sorry my good man, we forgot about you.
Boston won it again too. With a Brian Fuentes walk off double :-C .
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:59 pm

This is disgusting. I was enthused as the next guy about the Rays turning it around, and supported them as an organization cause it's always great to see the underdogs start winning. But when you have fans that make ludicrous claims like "the Rays are a lock to win the ALEast for the next three years," you're just begging for some animosity. I can understand that being the perennial worst team in baseball next to the Royals for over a decade can make any Floridian jump with joy at this new Rays team, but you HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED A SINGLE THING until you make the playoffs this year. Win a division title FIRST, then talk about winning the next three. I honestly hope this team goes down in flames this year, as I've seen nothing but boorish, classless behavior from the majority of new-found Rays fans this year.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:46 pm

thejusman1 wrote:This is disgusting. I was enthused as the next guy about the Rays turning it around, and supported them as an organization cause it's always great to see the underdogs start winning. But when you have fans that make ludicrous claims like "the Rays are a lock to win the ALEast for the next three years," you're just begging for some animosity. I can understand that being the perennial worst team in baseball next to the Royals for over a decade can make any Floridian jump with joy at this new Rays team, but you HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED A SINGLE THING until you make the playoffs this year. Win a division title FIRST, then talk about winning the next three. I honestly hope this team goes down in flames this year, as I've seen nothing but boorish, classless behavior from the majority of new-found Rays fans this year.

Have you seen that the thread was started by a Mets fan and the Rays fans I have seen in this forum, particularly RUMP and myself have said it is way to early to say anything. :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 36)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:38 pm

thejusman1 wrote:This is disgusting. I was enthused as the next guy about the Rays turning it around, and supported them as an organization cause it's always great to see the underdogs start winning. But when you have fans that make ludicrous claims like "the Rays are a lock to win the ALEast for the next three years," you're just begging for some animosity. I can understand that being the perennial worst team in baseball next to the Royals for over a decade can make any Floridian jump with joy at this new Rays team, but you HAVE NOT ACCOMPLISHED A SINGLE THING until you make the playoffs this year. Win a division title FIRST, then talk about winning the next three. I honestly hope this team goes down in flames this year, as I've seen nothing but boorish, classless behavior from the majority of new-found Rays fans this year.

Dude you are just ready to pick a fight arent you?

Remember the Brewers last year we all know bad things could happen.
But dude no one is talking the talk so do not get all up in arms.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:39 pm

For the next three years? I really doubt that. They could, but with the types of teams in that division it will be very hard. I thought they would be as good as they're playing right now in a couple years, but it looks like I underrated them heavily coming into this season.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 406)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:08 am

Some of you need better reading comprehension skills. The original poster was suggesting tampa has the talent to win the AL East within the next 3 years, not each of the next 3 years.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Grouperman941 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:28 am

DVauthrin wrote:Some of you need better reading comprehension skills. The original poster was suggesting tampa has the talent to win the AL East within the next 3 years, not each of the next 3 years.

LOL, this is what I was thinking. It is important to note the prepositions in a sentence, as they can drastically change the meaning. :-)

Also, check the post dates. This thread was started months ago. :-B

And for us Rays fans, there is lots of baseball left, and that division is too good to assume anything. At least for once we have hope, though! ;-D
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers