Adrian Gonzalez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adrian Gonzalez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:15 am

Agreed on Hamilton....at this point the Rangers do need an ace more than a stud OF....but, I'd make that trade again in a heartbeat. Hamilton is much more of a sure thing to keep up his production than Volquez is, IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ILoveBush » Fri May 02, 2008 10:33 am

slomo007 wrote:Granted, Hafner's great years appear to have been steroid induced, but I'm so sick of the Rangers giving up on great players so they can play the likes of Ben Broussard, Gerald Laird, Frank Catalanotto, etc etc etc. When A-Gonz was in Texas, Teixeira had the ability to play the OF and allow A-Gonz to play 1b.

They recently designated the switch hitting Jason Botts back to AAA where he has absolutely nothing left to prove. My guess is another team will trade for Botts and get another all-star caliber hitter out of the deal while Texas continues playing Ben Broussard at 1b.

I'm so sick of the Rangers at the moment.

Botts is not an all-start caliber hitter. I don't follow the rangers that closely, but it seems like they have given him a chance, and he just never hits in the majors. Plus, isn't he a liability defensively?
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:48 am

He is a slight liability defensively but then again I haven't seen him enough to know because they don't give him a chance. He has just 282 ABs in the majors, and they are sporadic. I think that's asking too much of a player to get sporadic ABs and produce. Give him a real shot, just name him the starter this year and let him hit. It's not like the Rangers are going anywhere this year except for the AL West basement.

Also, when Hafner left many thought he wasn't an all star caliber hitter either. I know steroids could be the cause, but bottom line he was a fantastic hitter and the Rangers literally gave him away. I know every team loses players who turn out to be studs, it just seems to happen more often w/ the Rangers. C. Young (SD), A-Gonz, Hafner, Volquez (TBD - at least we did get Hamilton though).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kweiss » Sat May 03, 2008 3:19 am

slomo007 wrote:Granted, Hafner's great years appear to have been steroid induced, but I'm so sick of the Rangers giving up on great players so they can play the likes of Ben Broussard, Gerald Laird, Frank Catalanotto, etc etc etc. When A-Gonz was in Texas, Teixeira had the ability to play the OF and allow A-Gonz to play 1b.

They recently designated the switch hitting Jason Botts back to AAA where he has absolutely nothing left to prove. My guess is another team will trade for Botts and get another all-star caliber hitter out of the deal while Texas continues playing Ben Broussard at 1b.

Me too slomo, me too. It's getting harder and harder to root for ownership which is making a serious run at the worst franchise in baseball history.
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat May 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Tom Hicks is awesome. I'm sure there are some Liverpudlians out there that will agree wholeheartedly.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Sun May 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Another homerun today, man I wish he played for in Florida.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mtxdevil » Sun May 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Sea Dog Fan wrote:Another homerun today, man I wish he played for in Florida.

Anywhere but Petco he would have incredible numbers.
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BJSFAN123 » Sun May 04, 2008 5:05 pm

mtxdevil wrote:
Sea Dog Fan wrote:Another homerun today, man I wish he played for in Florida.

Anywhere but Petco he would have incredible numbers.

Not only that, but the players around him are pretty weak also..if he played in Philly or something..oh man :-°
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers