Adrian Gonzalez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adrian Gonzalez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Adrian Gonzalez

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:21 pm

How good would this guy be if he didn't have to play in Petco? His home/away splits are so ridiculous :-t
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Thu May 01, 2008 11:25 pm

He'd be real good, he'd be a legit 40+ homerun guy.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Thu May 01, 2008 11:28 pm

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu May 01, 2008 11:29 pm

Sea Dog Fan wrote:He'd be real good, he'd be a legit 40+ homerun guy.

Yep.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kweiss » Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 am

If only the Rangers wouldn't have traded him away for nothing and he was still playing in the Arlington launching pad, we'd have a true fantasy monster on our hands... :~(
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby YerInUrine » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 am

I plan on trading him away after May 19th... after nearly 2 weeks straight on the road.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 am

Granted, Hafner's great years appear to have been steroid induced, but I'm so sick of the Rangers giving up on great players so they can play the likes of Ben Broussard, Gerald Laird, Frank Catalanotto, etc etc etc. When A-Gonz was in Texas, Teixeira had the ability to play the OF and allow A-Gonz to play 1b.

They recently designated the switch hitting Jason Botts back to AAA where he has absolutely nothing left to prove. My guess is another team will trade for Botts and get another all-star caliber hitter out of the deal while Texas continues playing Ben Broussard at 1b.

I'm so sick of the Rangers at the moment.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Fri May 02, 2008 9:32 am

slomo007 wrote:Granted, Hafner's great years appear to have been steroid induced, but I'm so sick of the Rangers giving up on great players so they can play the likes of Ben Broussard, Gerald Laird, Frank Catalanotto, etc etc etc. When A-Gonz was in Texas, Teixeira had the ability to play the OF and allow A-Gonz to play 1b.

They recently designated the switch hitting Jason Botts back to AAA where he has absolutely nothing left to prove. My guess is another team will trade for Botts and get another all-star caliber hitter out of the deal while Texas continues playing Ben Broussard at 1b.

Yes, thank you for giving us Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young for Adam Eaton.

- Kevin Towers
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:37 am

Yoda wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Granted, Hafner's great years appear to have been steroid induced, but I'm so sick of the Rangers giving up on great players so they can play the likes of Ben Broussard, Gerald Laird, Frank Catalanotto, etc etc etc. When A-Gonz was in Texas, Teixeira had the ability to play the OF and allow A-Gonz to play 1b.

- Kevin Towers

And Otsuka, though that doesn't matter anymore. He did give us one good year at least.

It's amazing how poorly some of the Texas trades have turned out, and if Salty doesn't get solid playing time then it will turn out bad too.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Fri May 02, 2008 10:13 am

slomo007 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

- Kevin Towers

And Otsuka, though that doesn't matter anymore. He did give us one good year at least.

It's amazing how poorly some of the Texas trades have turned out, and if Salty doesn't get solid playing time then it will turn out bad too.

I think Hamilton trade was pretty decent although Volquez looks good too.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers