Callup: Adenhart Debuts Tonight! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Callup: Adenhart Debuts Tonight!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Callup: Adenhart Debuts Tonight!

Postby J35J » Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 pm

Just a little scouting while watching the game....

Fastball 89-93mph
Didn't see the 93mph fastball after the 2nd inning...mostly 90-91
Curveball 74-77mph
Probably his best pitch but still threw more balls than strikes with it tonight
Change 80-82
Ok pitch, rarely threw it, not the best command of it
Slider 82
He may or may not have one, I thougth I saw one but it might have been a change :-?

Only time I've seen him pitch so take with a grain of salt.....my first impressions is just an avg pitcher. Needs to work on command of secondary stuff and if he can keep the fastball up to 92-93 after the first couple innings that should help too.

Nick threw 16 pitches the first inning....15 of them were fastballs. He continued that trend in the second inning which I was hoping he would do...he ended up walking a guy with 2 outs then had back to back doubles hit off of him(fastballs). Right after that second double he threw Callaspo 6 pitches..5 of which were curve and/or change and walked him. From that inning on he started throwing his secondary stuff with much more regularity and he only last a couple more innings.

Anyway, looks like he has quite a bit to work on to even sniff a #2 type guy, we'll see, he's plenty young enough to improve. As of now though, I'm not excited.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 pm

J35J wrote:Just a little scouting while watching the game....

Fastball 89-93mph
Curveball 74-77mph
Change 80-82
Slider 82
He may or may not have one, I thougth I saw one but it might have been a change :-?

Only time I've seen him pitch so take with a grain of salt.....my first impressions is just an avg pitcher. Needs to work on command of secondary stuff and if he can keep the fastball up to 92-93 after the first couple innings that should help too.

Nick threw 16 pitches the first inning....15 of them were fastballs. He continued that trend in the second inning which I was hoping he would do...he ended up walking a guy with 2 outs then had back to back doubles hit off of him(fastballs). Right after that second double he threw Callaspo 6 pitches..5 of which were curve and/or change and walked him. From that inning on he started throwing his secondary stuff with much more regularity and he only last a couple more innings.

Anyway, looks like he has quite a bit to work on to even sniff a #2 type guy, we'll see, he's plenty young enough to improve. As of now though, I'm not excited.

Nice analysis J35J. Yeah I was going to comment on how I was unimpressed with his velocity. I'd much rather see him in the 93-95 range as a right hander. He certainly had issues with his command tonight...

I was going to use a waiver claim (number 10) on him but now i'm not so sure...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby J35J » Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
J35J wrote:Just a little scouting while watching the game....

Fastball 89-93mph
Curveball 74-77mph
Change 80-82
Slider 82

Nice analysis J35J. Yeah I was going to comment on how I was unimpressed with his velocity. I'd much rather see him in the 93-95 range as a right hander. He certainly had issues with his command tonight...

I was going to use a waiver claim (number 10) on him but now i'm not so sure...

Yeah, if your secondary stuff and control needs as much work as his does then he needs a much better fastball to survive. He's not fantasy relevent right now.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 am

Inukchuk wrote:I'm very curious as to whether or not he can keep his walks down...

Apparently not. :-o
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers