Ranking the GMs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ranking the GMs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ranking the GMs

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 01, 2008 9:14 am

Interesting write up. No surprise he ranked Sabean 30th.

http://blastingsthrilledge.blogspot.com ... abean.html
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ranking the GMs

Postby Yoda » Thu May 01, 2008 9:15 am

I think Bravasi is worse but...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 01, 2008 9:17 am

Yoda wrote:I think Bravasi is worse but...

Wow! You read that whole thing in a minute. ;-7
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu May 01, 2008 9:23 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:

There was a similar poll done in another site. At least Sabean has had successful seasons but what has Bavasi done?

Free agents signed: Raúl Ibáñez, Richie Sexson, Adrian Beltre, Jarrod Washburn, Scott Spezio, Rich Aurilia, Carl Everett, Matt Lawton, and Jeff Weaver.

Trades: Freddy Garcia for Miguel Olivo, Jeremy Reed, and Mike Morse; Carlos Guillen for Ramon Santiago; Asdrubal Cabrera for Eduardo Perez; Shin-Soo Choo for Ben Broussard; Randy Winn for Jesse Foppert, and Rafael Soriano for Horacio Ramírez; Adam Jones and pitchers George Sherrill, Tony Butler, Chris Tillman and Kam Mickolio for Bedard.

Aside from Ibanez signing, what would you consider remotely good?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eftda » Thu May 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Giants still wont end up with the worst record in baseball. :-°
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:35 pm

JP Ricciardi deserves to be last simply for his comments on a radio show last night.

He accused the fans wanting Barry Bonds here of selling their souls for a guy who may not have anything left, and tried to act like the organization and himself were some kind of moral compass protecting the city from a bad, bad man. Wow, I'm lucky to have guys like JP in my corner protecting me.

Then, when questioned why the team only uses one of the best defensive shortstops in the league in a pinch runner role, he argued that they didn't sign David Eckstein to sit on the bench, and that was why they couldn't play John McDonald, a player that was "probably" better than Eckstein defensively, late in games. Very logical. %-6
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Yoda wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

There was a similar poll done in another site. At least Sabean has had successful seasons but what has Bavasi done?

Free agents signed: Raúl Ibáñez, Richie Sexson, Adrian Beltre, Jarrod Washburn, Scott Spezio, Rich Aurilia, Carl Everett, Matt Lawton, and Jeff Weaver.

Trades: Freddy Garcia for Miguel Olivo, Jeremy Reed, and Mike Morse; Carlos Guillen for Ramon Santiago; Asdrubal Cabrera for Eduardo Perez; Shin-Soo Choo for Ben Broussard; Randy Winn for Jesse Foppert, and Rafael Soriano for Horacio Ramírez; Adam Jones and pitchers George Sherrill, Tony Butler, Chris Tillman and Kam Mickolio for Bedard.

Aside from Ibanez signing, what would you consider remotely good?

Hey not all of those moves were bad! Garcia was a decent trade. He was gone and those guys were all well thought of, they just haven't panned out. Winn for Foppert was fine, Winn wasn't in the plans anymore so you might as well get something for him. Sori for HoRam was a great theory (reliever for starter) just poorly executed. But the others were bad. Beltre was a great signing and I think Batista was a good signing too, but yeah the track record isn't very good. I'd definitely like to see him go but I don't think he's the absolute worst GM in baseball.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu May 01, 2008 12:38 pm

eftda wrote:Giants still wont end up with the worst record in baseball. :-°

Ever? Or just this year? :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu May 01, 2008 1:02 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Hey not all of those moves were bad! Garcia was a decent trade. He was gone and those guys were all well thought of, they just haven't panned out. Winn for Foppert was fine, Winn wasn't in the plans anymore so you might as well get something for him. Sori for HoRam was a great theory (reliever for starter) just poorly executed. But the others were bad. Beltre was a great signing and I think Batista was a good signing too, but yeah the track record isn't very good. I'd definitely like to see him go but I don't think he's the absolute worst GM in baseball.

Well Beltre was an ok deal. He is nowhere near what they expected though. Plus they should have drafted Lincecum, a local product, over Morrow. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 01, 2008 1:11 pm

Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Hey not all of those moves were bad! Garcia was a decent trade. He was gone and those guys were all well thought of, they just haven't panned out. Winn for Foppert was fine, Winn wasn't in the plans anymore so you might as well get something for him. Sori for HoRam was a great theory (reliever for starter) just poorly executed. But the others were bad. Beltre was a great signing and I think Batista was a good signing too, but yeah the track record isn't very good. I'd definitely like to see him go but I don't think he's the absolute worst GM in baseball.

Well Beltre was an ok deal. He is nowhere near what they expected though. Plus they should have drafted Lincecum, a local product, over Morrow. :-D

Personally I would argue that Beltre is probably underpaid. If they were expecting 50 HRs a year then no, they didn't get that. But if that's really what they were expecting, then they're morons (so... that's probably what they expected !+) ). And they should have drafted Andrew Miller over either one of them. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers