When is Bailey going to get the call? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

When is Bailey going to get the call?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

When is Bailey going to get the call?

Postby hett2333 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Another strong performance tonight...7 inn, 10 k's, and a win. Anyone think he'll be getting the called up in the next week or two?
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: When is Bailey going to get the call?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu May 01, 2008 12:46 am

Tough call, but I my gut and limited research says they will probably give him some more time. Only time will tell?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eagle0588 » Thu May 01, 2008 2:05 am

would he be worth picking up at this point?
eagle0588
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ROC AllStars » Fri May 02, 2008 8:45 pm

eagle0588 wrote:would he be worth picking up at this point?

I'm interested in this as well, with Gallardo out I'm in a prospecting mood. Anyone think he's worth a stash for the next few weeks? IMO he'll be a lot stronger than he showed last year, as he was bothered by the groin most of the year.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby hett2333 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:01 am

I find it kind of odd he's not being talked about more on the cafe. Here's a guy who was one of the best prospects in baseball last year and it seems he's flying under the radar this year because he struggled last season. With the way Bailey is pitching, the Reds are just wasting away his talent by starting Belisle as their 5th.
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hwiggen » Sat May 03, 2008 12:38 am

hett2333 wrote:I find it kind of odd he's not being talked about more on the cafe. Here's a guy who was one of the best prospects in baseball last year and it seems he's flying under the radar this year because he struggled last season. With the way Bailey is pitching, the Reds are just wasting away his talent by starting Belisle as their 5th.

I absolutely agree with this. The Reds are very unlikely to make the postseason so why not go with the high ceiling guy? They'd get him some MLB experience at the least, at best maybe make a run with three young pitchers and Harang.
I know it's only May 1st but do they really need to wait any longer to realize that Belisle is not the answer?
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat May 03, 2008 1:14 am

hwiggen wrote:
hett2333 wrote:I find it kind of odd he's not being talked about more on the cafe. Here's a guy who was one of the best prospects in baseball last year and it seems he's flying under the radar this year because he struggled last season. With the way Bailey is pitching, the Reds are just wasting away his talent by starting Belisle as their 5th.

I absolutely agree with this. The Reds are very unlikely to make the postseason so why not go with the high ceiling guy? They'd get him some MLB experience at the least, at best maybe make a run with three young pitchers and Harang.
I know it's only May 1st but do they really need to wait any longer to realize that Belisle is not the answer?

Dusty's been catching a ton of flak for "ruining" young players, especially young pitchers. See: Prior and Wood, plus, having Corey Patterson back to haunt him won't do him any good.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby hwiggen » Sat May 03, 2008 2:07 am

Yeah, Dusty's got a reputation for keeping his starters in too long but he's got what, a four year contract as manager? The Reds aren't going to wait until Baker is gone to bring up Bailey, not to mention already having Cueto and Velez in the rotation.
I think Baker is a bad fit for this young team; he's more suited to a veteran club with a chance to win now.
hwiggen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ROC AllStars » Sat May 03, 2008 10:21 am

With Cincinnati continuing to struggle and Bailey and Bruce continuing to dominate AAA it won't matter much what Dusty Baker thinks in the end. Pressure, both from the public and from ownership, will build for the team to bring in reinforcements. It really makes no sense to keep them both down there, they have both showed they're ready for the next level.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates