absoluteLEE incredible! Well, Almost. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

absoluteLEE incredible! Well, Almost.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: absoluteLEE incredible! Well, Almost.

Postby pangbones » Thu May 01, 2008 2:48 pm

freeling_prideful wrote:Beginning of the end.

I'm from Cleveland and I cannot stress this fact enough: Cliff Lee is not a good pitcher. He's not a bad pitcher, I'm not saying that...but he's just not very good. He doesn't throw that hard, he doesn't throw with stellar command, he doesn't have a true strikeout pitch (his curve is too easily to pick up compared to his fastball and his change is mediocre).

He will probably finish the season with an ERA around 3.95--but given what he's done in April, he doesn't need to do more than get straight 4.10's at this point.

I completely agree. He is pitching way over his head IMO. I have not seen him pitch this year, so my opinion may be biased from previous years, but I just don't think he's very good either. Maybe he's figured things out! But I'm thinking it's more along the lines of he hasn't faced a good hitting team yet, and his luck has been through the roof. He's always given up a lot of hits, and HR's. But the fact that he's not walking anyone and he's striking guys out at an incredible rate, makes me think maybe he has improved, just not like you all are talking. He won't have a 3.30 ERA and 180 K's!! If he's below a 3.75 ERA and above 150 K's I'll be very surprised!! That'd be about what I'd hope for from him.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: absoluteLEE incredible! Well, Almost.

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

yeah, pitching way way over his head. I won't be the guy going after him just to see him come back down, way down.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates