This is why the Royals will forever stink... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Kansas City Royals

This is why the Royals will forever stink...

Moderators: joshparrish, prodpaul, Baseball Moderators

This is why the Royals will forever stink...

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Why in the heck is David Dejesus batting 3rd?? They have Butler hitting 6th & most bizarre is Gordon hitting 7th vs a RHP. That should never ever happen.

They come out with a new line up configuration at least 3 times a week. Stick Gordon in the 3 hole & leave him there for better or for worse he is the future. You can argue Jose Guillen or Butler in the 4 & 6 six holes & Teahan should be slatted in the 5 spot.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This is why the Royals will forever stink...

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Why in the heck is David Dejesus batting 3rd?? They have Butler hitting 6th & most bizarre is Gordon hitting 7th vs a RHP. That should never ever happen.

They come out with a new line up configuration at least 3 times a week. Stick Gordon in the 3 hole & leave him there for better or for worse he is the future. You can argue Jose Guillen or Butler in the 4 & 6 six holes & Teahan should be slatted in the 5 spot.

Thats far from why we stink.....we are the worst offensive team in baseball. I have no problems if they shake it up a little bit....this shuffling of the lineup used to bug the hell out of me too but I quickly got over it after you realize we just don't have good enough players for it to matter. If we had a legit leadoff guy or a legit #3 or 4 guy I'm sure we would cement them there in that spot but until that day.....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 390)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:22 pm

J35J wrote:
Slow Pitch wrote:Why in the heck is David Dejesus batting 3rd?? They have Butler hitting 6th & most bizarre is Gordon hitting 7th vs a RHP. That should never ever happen.

Thats far from why we stink.....we are the worst offensive team in baseball. I have no problems if they shake it up a little bit....this shuffling of the lineup used to bug the hell out of me too but I quickly got over it after you realize we just don't have good enough players for it to matter. If we had a legit leadoff guy or a legit #3 or 4 guy I'm sure we would cement them there in that spot but until that day.....

lol
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:24 pm

J35J wrote:

As level-headed and well put together as that is, it's sad that you're at the point of readiness to roll over and just say 'F it'. :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby J35J » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
J35J wrote:

As level-headed and well put together as that is, it's sad that you're at the point of readiness to roll over and just say 'F it'. :-b

Actually I'm pretty optimistic this year....I really like some of the pieces we have put together but when you've been as bad as we have the last decade it will take a couple years to dig yourself out of the hole we've been in. I'm far from ready to roll over....I'm just not a blind homer....I realize what we have and what we are! :-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby flloyd » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Haven't most studies shown that the lineup has little to no effect on the overall scoring. If anything wouldn't the ideal lineup just be to order them by their OBP?
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:53 pm

J35J wrote:Actually I'm pretty optimistic this year....I really like some of the pieces we have put together but when you've been as bad as we have the last decade it will take a couple years to dig yourself out of the hole we've been in. I'm far from ready to roll over....I'm just not a blind homer....I realize what we have and what we are! :-)

You're right! You're nothing like Deeray! :-b

If only Butler was hitting more homers...
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 404)

Postby Tavish » Wed May 14, 2008 11:18 am

We will forever stink as long as players like Gathright and Pena are getting 400 PAs a year.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby J35J » Wed May 14, 2008 11:43 am

Tavish wrote:We will forever stink as long as players like Gathright and Pena are getting 400 PAs a year.

...and Gload

!+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Kansas City Royals