Liriano bad start in minors..what do i do?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Liriano bad start in minors..what do i do??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Liriano bad start in minors..what do i do??

Postby callacim » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Liriano pitched poorly again with 5 walks in 4 1/3 innings. His yahoo note recommendation said at this rate he'll be in the minors for months...I know I invested alot in him...but should I drop him?
michael callaci
callacim
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Liriano bad start in minors..what do i do??

Postby rowe33 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:13 pm

If you just try to look at him as a second half contributor then you'll be better off. He's not going to help much for the next month or so until he gets back into form. I think he'll be much better in July though so hang onto him if you can.
rowe33
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jfg » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:41 pm

If you have limited bench space and you aren't in a keeper I'd drop him if there's somebody good on the WW. But, if you can afford to keep him around you might as well.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:07 pm

If you are in a standard redraft, then cut your losses. There are plenty of fish.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby yossarian » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:37 pm

I dropped him for Dirty Sanchez in a roto redraft league. If he does do anything this season, it' s not going to be till after the ASB.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jakesnake » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 pm

I'm hanging on to him....It's a long season and when there are teams who have pitchers with "tired" arms Liriano's will be fresh....I hope :)
jakesnake Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fewlazz » Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 pm

I too am an unhappy Liriano owner.. but somethin tells me not to drop him. I am in my annual league, 10 team h2h with over 20 stat catogories. i was set on keeping him, but now with DL guys on my staff like smoltz and harden, and NA Liriano, i guess that its time to cut the cord for my SF boy Jonathon Sanchez. though its not easy to let my #2 drafted starting pitcher go...

why didnt i take Javier Vázquez, Brett Myers, Ben Sheets, or James Shields instead.....?
fewlazz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bAsKeTcAsE86 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:05 pm

You drafted him when Sheets and (more importantly) Shields were still available? I mean, I know he was nasty two years ago, but it takes a good year and a half to get back into form after Tommy John surgery. He dropped to the end of the draft in my league...I guarantee you could have grabbed one of those guys and taken a flyer on him later in the draft...
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." ~Edgar Allen Poe
bAsKeTcAsE86
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Crystalstorm » Fri May 02, 2008 7:26 am

Wait until next year ;-)
Crystalstorm
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jackie hayes » Fri May 02, 2008 9:27 am

bAsKeTcAsE86 wrote:You drafted him when Sheets and (more importantly) Shields were still available? I mean, I know he was nasty two years ago, but it takes a good year and a half to get back into form after Tommy John surgery. He dropped to the end of the draft in my league...I guarantee you could have grabbed one of those guys and taken a flyer on him later in the draft...

Eh...I think that's the exception. He went in the middle rounds in every one of my drafts (from 9th round to 12th), and his Yahoo ADP was about 111 (late 9th round in a 12-team draft). There's no shame in it.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates