Wladimir Balentien - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Wladimir Balentien

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Wladimir Balentien

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 01, 2008 12:21 pm

dre1614 wrote:After tonight's game The Mariner skipper said that Clement is going to catch tomorrow, and will play all over the field for the rest of the season. Meaning C/DH/1st.

Interesting. Could definitely be good for Joh to get some time off. That being said, all indications up until yesterday were that Clement wasn't ready to catch at the big league level. I surely hope he is, and if Joh starts hitting then heck he could be decent trade bait. However, if I had to choose Joh/Clement or Clement/Vidro I'd pick the former every single time. Unless of course we sign Bonds to play DH, then I can deal with Clement catching. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu May 01, 2008 4:07 pm

from the lack of buzz and 30 odd page threads, I'm guessing Balentien isn't a must have player even in keeper formats?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 01, 2008 4:32 pm

i picked up Balentien. im 1st in AVG but low in HR so im hoping he can give me some power and im not that worried about him striking out alot and taking some 0-fors.
he has a ton of raw power.
in AAA this season in 17 games he was hitting .254 AVG/ .329 OBP/ .619 SLG/ .948 SLG/ 16 H/ 5 D/ 6 HR/ 20 RBI/ 11 R/ 1 SB/ 7 BB/ 11 K
last season in AAA he had 124 games- .291 AVG/ .362 OBP/ .509 SLG/ .871 OPS/ 139 H/ 24 D/ 24 HR/ 84 RBI/ 77 R/ 15 SB/ 54 BB/ 105 K
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 72)

Postby gws226 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Sjeff22 wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I don't think Clement is going to catch at all. For one, he's not ready. Second, if he was going to the backup catcher, they would have cut Burke loose as opposed to Norton. I think Clement is here to DH and that's it. I would not grab him expecting him to gain C eligibility any time soon. As far as Balentien, we'll see how it goes. He's really improved his pitch selection and plate discipline in the last couple years. His power is legit but I would not expect a great average. Safeco will also depress his numbers. He's absolutely a much better defender than any other corner outfielder the M's have so that's nice. A big upgrade over Wilkerson.

As per Rotoworld.com:

The Seattle Times reports that Kenji Johjima will sit out the next two games "as a mental break" while Jeff Clement starts at catcher.
Great news for Clement's fantasy value, which will rise significantly once he's eligible behind the plate. "Even if I do relax, I don't know how good of a performance I can come up with," Johjima said. "I can't be happy. Just because I'm taking two days off, that's not to say I'm going to do better on the third day. I can't allow myself to think that way."

Yahoo has Clement already listed w/ 9 games played at Catcher.... If rotoworld is correct he will be available @ C tomorrow.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 01, 2008 4:43 pm

gws226 wrote:
Sjeff22 wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I don't think Clement is going to catch at all. For one, he's not ready. Second, if he was going to the backup catcher, they would have cut Burke loose as opposed to Norton. I think Clement is here to DH and that's it. I would not grab him expecting him to gain C eligibility any time soon. As far as Balentien, we'll see how it goes. He's really improved his pitch selection and plate discipline in the last couple years. His power is legit but I would not expect a great average. Safeco will also depress his numbers. He's absolutely a much better defender than any other corner outfielder the M's have so that's nice. A big upgrade over Wilkerson.

As per Rotoworld.com:

The Seattle Times reports that Kenji Johjima will sit out the next two games "as a mental break" while Jeff Clement starts at catcher.
Great news for Clement's fantasy value, which will rise significantly once he's eligible behind the plate. "Even if I do relax, I don't know how good of a performance I can come up with," Johjima said. "I can't be happy. Just because I'm taking two days off, that's not to say I'm going to do better on the third day. I can't allow myself to think that way."

Yahoo has Clement already listed w/ 9 games played at Catcher.... If rotoworld is correct he will be available @ C tomorrow.

That's 9 games left to play before earning C eligibility; not 9 games played.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby gws226 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Thats a bummer. Gotta read that fine print lol.
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers