Best Outfielder After Pujols? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best Outfielder After Pujols?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:21 pm

Mr. Smithers wrote:I see people doubting Sosa. I think he will have better numbers this year than most people think. I personally think he is going to out hit Bonds, Magglio, and Manny. Bonds will be lucky if gets 400 Abs he is to old. Manny I predict the Hamstring promblems come back pretty fierce. I also think Magglio is due to start dropping in numbers over the next couple of years. Sosa dosn't have a foot problem to deal with this year he is in a much better lineup and th Cubs are a very legitamte conteder. This should make him work harder. So dont doubt Sosa out guys I see a big year. This is just my opinion so I could be way off.
Sammy is 35 year old with 3 straight years of decline in almost every statistical category.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr. Smithers » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:24 pm

Sosa will bat 290-50-130, at least this is an improvment on the last two years. Its not 2000-2001 Sosa but its still an improvment. Mags I predict will hit 300-24-95. This is a decline from the last three years of his career. Mags will still put up good numbers but he is not a top 5 outfielder this year in my opinion.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:35 pm

I'm just saying to check the trends Sosa is at the age where a decline is expected. The last three years his stats have declined.

rototimes projections
Bonds
48 102 8 .3358 117

Manny
38 114 2 .3309 111

Mags
32 113 10 .3159 106

Sosa
45 114 1 .2875 113

If you want HR go with Sosa. If you want a better player pick one of the others.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)

Postby Area51's » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:42 pm

Mr. Smithers wrote:Sosa will bat 290-50-130, at least this is an improvment on the last two years. Its not 2000-2001 Sosa but its still an improvment. Mags I predict will hit 300-24-95. This is a decline from the last three years of his career. Mags will still put up good numbers but he is not a top 5 outfielder this year in my opinion.

Think you're a bit too high on Sosa, and a bit too low on Mags here. Both of them have essentially stopped running, Sosa more so than Mags. Sosa will get more jacks, and maybe a few more RBI's but not enough to offset the average Mags will give you.

Anywho:
Carlos Beltan
Vladimir Guerrero
Manny Ramirez,
Barry Bonds
Magglio Ordonez
Gary Sheffield
Sammy Sosa

I gave Sheffield a bit of the shaft here just because every year I've drafted him he's underperformed, and vice-versa when I haven't. So he probably deserves to be 1-2 spots higher...but I won't do it!
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kentx12 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:40 pm

I would go with Beltran then Vlad.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers