Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:36 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:I can't believe no one had a map to show George Lucas that the Iguacu Falls aren't in the Amazon. O:-)

Part of it is in Argentina, you know. :-D

I doubt it. B-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:46 am

finally got to see this movie, it was okay i suppose but i didn't go in with much expectations after seeing all the bad reviews. but it was very obvious that the speilberg and lucas magic of the trilogy were not really present with this one. i give it a 6.5/10.

one thing i am appreciating is that they finally brought closure to the indy series, at least with harrison ford. no more speculating and waiting for years for the next indy flick.

there were some annoying as hell scenes that are an embarrassment to the indy franchise, couple that come to mind:

shia and the tarzan scene...c'mon now...

the stupid ants. are giant red ants really made of 90% orange goo? and they carry humans into their ant hole?

and since when were fridges nuke proof?

characters were not very interesting, i mean they let "mac" follow along until even after all the backstabbing just to be backstabbed once more? and marion ravenwood character was not even half the character she used to be. the truth is she didn't age quite as well as harrison, and looks like she cound be indy's mom. i liked shia's character though, i can see him taking over the series and i am okay with that.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:one thing i am appreciating is that they finally brought closure to the indy series, at least with harrison ford. no more speculating and waiting for years for the next indy flick.

How can you say that when the previous movie was called the LAST Crusade? Prepare yourself for Ford's 5th installment in the increasingly inappropriately named Indy Triolgy.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Howie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:19 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:one thing i am appreciating is that they finally brought closure to the indy series, at least with harrison ford. no more speculating and waiting for years for the next indy flick.

How can you say that when the previous movie was called the LAST Crusade? Prepare yourself for Ford's 5th installment in the increasingly inappropriately named Indy Triolgy.

My interpretation of the name "Last Crusade," was that Indy was making the final 'crusade' in relation to all the other crusades (i.e. Sir Richard (the first crusader), Christians, etc), not that "Last Crusade" was another way to say "final Indiana Jones movie ever."
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Doesn't the end kind of hint that Indy movies may be made in the future with Shia Lebouf, even if it's something like Young Indiana Jones?

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Howie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:45 pm

tuff_gong wrote:Doesn't the end kind of hint that Indy movies may be made in the future with Shia Lebouf, even if it's something like Young Indiana Jones?

It's hard to say. If they do choose to make Indy movies in the future with Lebouf, then yes, they'll have a different feel to them.

However, when Indy took back his fedora hat right before Lebouf put it on tells me that this could be the last Indy movie made. The "Last Crusade" if you will. ;-)
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm

The Last Crusade was a play on words because at the time it was to be the last Indy film. That is what Spielberg said back in the day and Ford refused to play the role for the longest time.

How times change... When LeBoofy signed his Indy contract he signed it for 4 movies. I read that Lucas discussed Indy V at Cannes and said LeBoofy would star with Ford playing a cameo of sorts. This will fail miserably if they go through with it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Last Crusade was a play on words because at the time it was to be the last Indy film. That is what Spielberg said back in the day and Ford refused to play the role for the longest time.

How times change... When LeBoofy signed his Indy contract he signed it for 4 movies. I read that Lucas discussed Indy V at Cannes and said LeBoofy would star with Ford playing a cameo of sorts. This will fail miserably if they go through with it.

Yeah without Harrison Ford as Indy, it will suck. It's like making a Godfather movie without Pacino.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:38 pm

Amazinz wrote:I read that Lucas discussed Indy V at Cannes and said LeBoofy would star with Ford playing a cameo of sorts. This will fail miserably if they go through with it.

oh man i hope they do not do this. i don't mind if the torch is passed to shia, but i really hope they leave harrison ford out of future movies. it was already tough seeing an aged indy in this movie, he's only gonna look worse in the future ones even in a cameo role. they need to let go and move on.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:42 am

Yoda wrote:
Amazinz wrote:The Last Crusade was a play on words because at the time it was to be the last Indy film. That is what Spielberg said back in the day and Ford refused to play the role for the longest time.

Yeah without Harrison Ford as Indy, it will suck. It's like making a Godfather movie without Pacino.

or Star Wars without Mark Hammil
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk