Trading for Waiver Priority = Collusion? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trading for Waiver Priority = Collusion?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trading for Waiver Priority = Collusion?

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:32 pm

smoovethug wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
flloyd wrote:I am very anti-veto but I can see where the Commish is coming from. It seems a little fishy since you were influencing the other owner to make moves that you suspect he would not have done otherwise, in the process you harmed other teams that would have used their higher waiver priority on him.

and this is coming from smoove, who once tried to pull off a cross sport trade, houshmanzadeh for a bum FA and then in baseball david ortiz for bum fa.) just have to keep his shady tactics in line :-b

A) That cross-sport trade wasn't my idea. B) There was no "bum FA" involved liar, this was back in 04 so I don't recall the exact players but it was a fair trade in both sports where I downgraded in football to upgrade in baseball. C) You were the commissioner then as well and allowed the trade! :-b

a. doesnt matter whose idea it was b. i dont recall the players either, but i know it was lopsided. c. i tried to veto it and everyone had such a huge problem with it, so it didnt happen.

again, i have (had) no problem with people trading their waiver priorities, but the way this situation came about was fishy to me. i said the veto comment half jokingly anyhow .

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:00 pm

Who did you trade for Cueto?
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby smoovethug » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:57 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Who did you trade for Cueto?

It was really just an idea I had since at the time I really wanted Cueto. I never got in deep enough to offer anything since the commish said he'd veto the trade, which I thought was bullsh :-X . Oh and BTW the commish, Snakes himself, held the #2 waiver priority and claimed Cueto. Coincedence???
Last edited by smoovethug on Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 pm

smoovethug wrote:

I didn't make a trade for him since the commish said he'd veto the trade, which I thought was bullsh :-X . Oh and BTW the commish, Snakes himself, held the #2 waiver priority and claimed Cueto. Coincedence???

Drama in the iladelph.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 307)

Postby flloyd » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm

smoovethug wrote:

It was really just an idea I had since at the time I really wanted Cueto. I never got in deep enough to offer anything since the commish said he'd veto the trade, which I thought was bullsh :-X . Oh and BTW the commish, Snakes himself, held the #2 waiver priority and claimed Cueto. Coincedence???

That definitely should have gone to a league wide vote with the Commish, who would be the one benefiting the most, abstaining from the vote.
flloyd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fezzik » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:25 pm

smoovethug wrote:

Slight conflict of interest... :-b

In theory, as long as his decision was made without taking the fact he had the #2 waiver pick into consideration...the decision is understandable, but perhaps in the minority of the general concensus. But it's going to be hard to convince someone that's not the reason he made the choice...even if he would make the same choice if he had waiver priority #12. Since the perception of fairness is almost as important as the fairness itself, it probably should have gone to a league vote or something.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:20 pm

for what its worth, i dont think anyone would question my "fairness" to the league.

we had maybe a 2 minute discussion about it, and i didnt even take it serious. this was about a month ago, so im not even really sure why it was brought up now. if he had wanted me to bring it up for debate/discussion in our league, i would have obliged.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smoovethug » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:this was about a month ago, so im not even really sure why it was brought up now.

I had the same idea with Scherzer.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 pm

smoovethug wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:this was about a month ago, so im not even really sure why it was brought up now.

I had the same idea with Scherzer.

gotcha.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:for what its worth, i dont think anyone would question my "fairness" to the league.

we had maybe a 2 minute discussion about it, and i didnt even take it serious. this was about a month ago, so im not even really sure why it was brought up now. if he had wanted me to bring it up for debate/discussion in our league, i would have obliged.

I'm not questioning the fairness, just the perception...no matter how above reproach you are, the fact remains that you were benefiting from the transaction not taking place...that's a conflict of interest. I believe that you are a fair individual and commish...and your fellow managers most likely feel the same way. I also am not in said league and really don't know how it went down or the conversation that took place.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on you Mr. Snake...your name even sounds a bit devious. ;-)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers