Snell - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Snell

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Snell

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:24 pm

What's up with him? Will he turn it around? He's been killing me. I'm considering dropping him for Jurrjens. Bad idea?
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Snell

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:What's up with him? Will he turn it around? He's been killing me. I'm considering dropping him for Jurrjens. Bad idea?

Yeah, I've banished him to my bench until I see a decent start or two out of him. Was hoping he would turn the corner this year and live up to the expectations that come along with being a #1. Been pretty disappointing so far.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:31 am

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:What's up with him? Will he turn it around? He's been killing me. I'm considering dropping him for Jurrjens. Bad idea?

Yeah, I've banished him to my bench until I see a decent start or two out of him. Was hoping he would turn the corner this year and live up to the expectations that come along with being a #1. Been pretty disappointing so far.

I totally agree - after that 0ER, 10K game, I was starting to believe again. Now %-6 :-{ :-P
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wildbill » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:35 am

He got dropped in my league (12 team mixed, 21 players per team) and is still sitting there as a FA. Meanwhile some fool picked up Odalis Perez. 8-o
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:47 am

Id rather own Snell then Perez - if he turns it around even a little bit, he will outproduce Perez...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slump Busters » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:53 am

I agree. I am growing weary of Snell. Luckily I benched him last night. Pittsburgh is not that great of an Offensive team and Snell seems to matchup with other teams upper tier pitchers, thus Wins may be difficult to come by. I really drafted Snell for his K per IP rate.

However right now Jurrjens and Chad Billingsley are on the FA waiver wire and I am serioiusly thinking about dumping Snell for one of these two. Suggestions?
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Slump Busters wrote:I agree. I am growing weary of Snell. Luckily I benched him last night. Pittsburgh is not that great of an Offensive team and Snell seems to matchup with other teams upper tier pitchers, thus Wins may be difficult to come by. I really drafted Snell for his K per IP rate.

However right now Jurrjens and Chad Billingsley are on the FA waiver wire and I am serioiusly thinking about dumping Snell for one of these two. Suggestions?

I agree. You can't draft Snell expecting anything more than 10-12 wins, but I was hoping at least for a 3.50-3.70 ERA and a nice K/IP rate. A 4.90 ERA and 1.60WHIP are just downright awful.

Of course, I have him and Bills so I can't help you with your decision there...I'm really hoping that the two of them can turn it around and start getting in some better starts as the season wears on.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby kweiss » Thu May 01, 2008 4:03 am

Luckily, I also benched him for his last start after seeing his awful career ERA against NYM.

I'm not sure what to do with him. He's my worst out of my 8 SP in a H2H league, and I'm considering dropping him for Manny Acosta since my only CPs are Isringhausen and Soria and I'm losing saves just about every week. I am a little tentative about pulling the trigger though because even I admit that move feels a little short sighted. Thoughts?
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Slump Busters » Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 am

kweiss,

Keep in mind that Acosta may get into a closer by committe situation when Soriano returns. I have Acosta and am keeping a close eye on this situation.

I grabbed Billingsley off WW and when Kazmir comes back I will have to dump either Snell, Bills or Acosta. Right now I am leaning on cutting Snell. I feel Snell and Billingsley are similar and with Billingsleys K rate I cant cut him.

Snell appears to be the one I will send back to WW.
Slump Busters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:58 pm

I dropped him as a result of a trade I just had, but with the smoltz situation, and him clearing waivers, i wonder if i should grab him back up?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates